PDA

View Full Version : mower prob

nickmelll
12-12-2007, 10:02 PM
i am confused about my mower i have a husqvarna riding mower and its a bout 4 years old and it ran good for about 3 years and then last year it started foulin plugs like crazy like every time i mowed so i put a new air filter on it and it would be fine for about an hour then it would foul the plugs again. we have put a new carb in it and a high altitude jet and it runs better but still fouls plugs evey like 2 hours . my grandad checked the timing and all of thats right so now i dont no wat to do... it will run fine without a airfilter but if u put on on it it just fouls more plugs even with new filters.... so anyone have any ideas

TANNER250r
12-13-2007, 01:03 PM
I had a older rider & had that problem i got a air filter that was a close fit because I could not find the original & pulled it in half it work a lot better. But you can not do this with all the filters you have to find a 2 stage

Scott-300ex
12-13-2007, 05:38 PM
Is it burning any oil?

Which 450?
12-13-2007, 07:16 PM
what about the air filter cover? is it possible to run it with the air filter but no cover? maybe the cover is restrictive?

nickmelll
12-13-2007, 09:18 PM
the filter is a round paper one and it has a foam thing that goes over it and i took it off but it didnt help and i also took the air box lid off but it didnt help very much im not sure about the burning oil thing i dont think it is i dont notice it getin any lower

Which 450?
12-14-2007, 03:46 PM
What kind of engine is on it? I would try OEM plugs, maybe aftermarkets are fouling easily?

nickmelll
12-14-2007, 06:54 PM
its a 21 horse b&s ive tryed both ngk and champion which is wat came in it but it didnt help this thing is just weird i have no clue wat the prob coulb be

Which 450?
12-15-2007, 07:05 AM
hmm, i had a friend that had one of those in a lawnmower, he kept fouling plugs but i cant remember what he did to fix it...