PDA

View Full Version : ported head results anyone?

boosted3g
12-12-2007, 09:29 PM
I have been debating wether or not i should pull the head and have it ported. I was leaning towards c&d to do the porting. Has anyone had a before and after with a ported head and only the head. I have been searching through countless posts and it seems that everyone changes something at the same time and i cannot get a result on just the headwork. So how much do you gain with headwork staying the stock bore and 11:1. My mods are in my sig with addition to a 450r carb and the slip on it getting modified by HMF to a full exhaust.

gcart2
12-13-2007, 03:06 AM
well i dont have any scientific results but man it woke mine up.we have a sim. setup and man after i got the piston and p&p it was like riding a whole new bike. i had my mechanic port mine. he used to race on team honda and on kawi wayyy back in the day. however i have heard nothing but good things from c&d

underpowered
12-13-2007, 05:25 PM
i only rode mine once with just doing the head. it was more crisp, but i did not have time to jet it right so i could not tell a real difference in power.

i added my FCR41 one week after i did the P&P and between teh two mods it is the single largest gain i have gotten to date with all my mods. it was a totally different bike.

project400ex19
12-13-2007, 08:18 PM
anyone know the price of porting from C&D?

boosted3g
12-14-2007, 06:07 PM
I was quoted 175 plus 65 for a valve job. I have called a few other places and i really like the work that chad502 does and the fact heis not far from me. I think it may go there right after the holidays.

cataway
12-14-2007, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by boosted3g
I was quoted 175 plus 65 for a valve job. I have called a few other places and i really like the work that chad502 does and the fact heis not far from me. I think it may go there right after the holidays.
would they be doing the intake side as well for that price ?

boosted3g
12-15-2007, 12:52 PM
yes that is the complete job.