PDA

View Full Version : HELP with houser ball joint nuts

miles Machine
12-12-2007, 08:22 PM
i just bought a set of +2 houser reg. travel a arms and i like them but i cant get the ball joint nuts to tighten up because the ball joint keeps slipping in the knuckle, i think its stupid that they used a nylock nut instead of a castle nut because a nylock nut is hard to turn ne ways and the ball joint relies on a press fit to hold it there so if its pressed in and you try to tighten the nut and the ball joint spins ur pretty much screwed. if ne one has a solution let me know if not im sending them back and buying a set of lonestars!

Super pissed right now

TRX450RACER174
12-12-2007, 09:20 PM
Here this might help you

http://www.houser-racing.com/WSWrapper.jsp?mypage=InstallGuides/I0401.htm

Aceman
12-13-2007, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by miles Machine
i just bought a set of +2 houser reg. travel a arms and i like them but i cant get the ball joint nuts to tighten up because the ball joint keeps slipping in the knuckle, i think its stupid that they used a nylock nut instead of a castle nut because a nylock nut is hard to turn ne ways and the ball joint relies on a press fit to hold it there so if its pressed in and you try to tighten the nut and the ball joint spins ur pretty much screwed. if ne one has a solution let me know if not im sending them back and buying a set of lonestars!

Super pissed right now

Jeez, why don't you try reading the instructions?

For the record, I like the nyloc nuts. It means I don't have to use a cotter pin.

TRX450RACER174
12-13-2007, 05:16 PM
My guess is maybe he bought them used, anyways hope he figured it out.

miles Machine
12-13-2007, 07:52 PM
well for one there were no instructions and i didn't think to look on the website, i had tried to press the ball joints into the knuckle with a small c clamp but it didn't work however the 8" one holding both of them did.

Thank you for the help it is greatly appreciated.