PDA

View Full Version : Pic of Quiet Core installed in HMF?

maxfior
12-12-2007, 05:14 PM
Can some one post a picture of what the quiet core looks like for the HMF sport pipe for an EX. I couldn't find any pictures on their web site and just wanted to see if it was something internal. Do you just remove the race end and toss something else in there? Thanks in advance guys!

Max

hornetgod13
12-12-2007, 05:28 PM
It's an insert that goes in the back of the muffler and is held in with the exhaust tip. You can't tell if it's installed or not from the outside of the muffler.

tanner 222
12-12-2007, 05:34 PM
heres a pic...
http://www.advantagecyclelc.com/products/hmgqq.JPG
all you do to put it in is take off the end cap flop the quiet core in and screw back on the end cap.

maxfior
12-12-2007, 05:41 PM
Thanks alot man! I'm still leaning toward the HMF pipe (maybe a full system) even though I like the price of the Lexx. Thanks again!

Max

tanner 222
12-12-2007, 05:43 PM
not a problem
if i were you id try and get the ironman series. i found they had the best power gains for the price. just my 2 cents

12-12-2007, 05:51 PM
quiet cores seem to be way too restrictive. Instead of a 2" hole the quiet core makes it a 1" hole. still way better than stock but to me the quiet core wont show nearly as good of gains

tanner 222
12-12-2007, 05:53 PM
ya thats very true. if you really want quiet but no restrictive id buy a DB dawg. idk if you guys have them in the US but we have them here in Canada

WFO400
12-12-2007, 06:27 PM
I have an HMF and it makes a very unusual exhaust tone with the quiet core installed. It sounds much better, although way louder, without it

Pipeless416
12-12-2007, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by tanner 222
ya thats very true. if you really want quiet but no restrictive id buy a DB dawg. idk if you guys have them in the US but we have them here in Canada

could you give any info you have on this? ive heard of it and i thought it it was some type of insert that goes into the tip, correct? id be interested if it really worked.

tanner 222
12-12-2007, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Pipeless416
could you give any info you have on this? ive heard of it and i thought it it was some type of insert that goes into the tip, correct? id be interested if it really worked.

yes correct. it is an insert that has 2 screws that hook onto the inside of the exhaust tip and yes they do work very well i found. we used to have to run them during practice when we were racing and i ran it in when i drove through trails. here's a site that sells them and has some info on them if you want to see more...
http://www.dirtwerkz.com/Pages/products/exhaust/dB_Dawg.html

Pipeless416
12-12-2007, 07:12 PM
yes correct. it is an insert that has 2 screws that hook onto the inside of the exhaust tip and yes they do work very well i found. we used to have to run them during practice when we were racing and i ran it in when i drove through trails. here's a site that sells them and has some info on them if you want to see more...
http://www.dirtwerkz.com/Pages/products/exhaust/dB_Dawg.html

thanks for the info. did you notice a power loss with this at all? also, what pipe do you use it on?

tanner 222
12-12-2007, 07:17 PM
thanks for the info. did you notice a power loss with this at all? also, what pipe do you use it on?

not a problem
no i didnt notice an ounce of power loss like i did with the quiet core. i would defiantly recommend it for the price it cost. well i ran it with my 2007 400ex that i just sold with a hmf ironman series pipe but i kept the db dawg and i now run it in my LTR. you can run it in anything as long as the hole is the right size.

Pipeless416
12-12-2007, 07:23 PM
not a problem
no i didnt notice an ounce of power loss like i did with the quiet core. i would defiantly recommend it for the price it cost. well i ran it with my 2007 400ex that i just sold with a hmf ironman series pipe but i kept the db dawg and i now run it in my LTR. you can run it in anything as long as the hole is the right size.

good deal, i guess i'll be ditching the quiet core and picking up one of these before next summer. sorry to be such a pain, but i have one more question: was your quad quieter with the db dawg than it was with the regular quiet core?

tanner 222
12-12-2007, 07:27 PM
good deal, i guess i'll be ditching the quiet core and picking up one of these before next summer. sorry to be such a pain, but i have one more question: was your quad quieter with the db dawg than it was with the regular quiet core?

ya i dont blame ya for getting one. theyre also super easy to install too. oh dont worry about it. ask as many questions as you want. well id have to say they're about the same for noise although the db dawg takes away some of the deepness but thats where the noise comes from so it might be even a bit quieter. i honestly kind of forget how it sounds cuz i havent ran it with it in for a long time but the best thing i like about it is how there is no power loss. to me that is the main thing

maxfior
12-13-2007, 06:42 AM
This dB Dawg looks VERY interesting! I might have to check that out too, thanks a lot for the web site info, I'm going to look it over! I just want a more free flowing exhaust and something that sounds better then stock, but not TOO loud. I'm sure there is something out there and I was going to get HMF (still might) since most are happy with it. I just don't want to get busted for a loud quad in state parks and what not...

Max

tanner 222
12-13-2007, 11:38 AM
ya i would defiantly go with HMF. they have great power gains for a cheap price. they are quite loud with nothing in them but i would highly recommend the db dawg to quiet it down a lot. you might not have as deep of sound as it does with nothing in it but there is no restriction. a lot better than the quiet cores that come with the pipe.

maxfior
12-13-2007, 12:06 PM
ya i would defiantly go with HMF. they have great power gains for a cheap price. they are quite loud with nothing in them but i would highly recommend the db dawg to quiet it down a lot. you might not have as deep of sound as it does with nothing in it but there is no restriction. a lot better than the quiet cores that come with the pipe.

Good point... A little bit less noise but still great power is something that I think most people would want over the stock system!

Max