PDA

View Full Version : how are they in XC

woodsracer144
12-12-2007, 12:21 PM
hello
im lookin at a 86 trx 250r with a esr 265powervalve... its all set up for mx pep shocks leager a-arms, lonestar rear end. the whole 9 yards... i justwanted to know how the R motor was in the woods... my buddy has a full race ready one.

its for 3K a good deal?

f4istunna
12-12-2007, 04:29 PM
If theyre setup right they are sick in the woods. Im in the process of building a Xc 250 right now. From what ive hear the long rod motor is the one to go w/ in the woods, thats what im going to run.

Barry hawk crushed on one for years, im sure alot more gncc would run them if they could.

3000 isnt bad if its in real nice shape. You could prob sell some of the mx parts and get a nice xc setup going for it.

woodsracer144
12-12-2007, 04:39 PM
heres a mods list:
arens frame with de tachable sub.
pep shocks all the way around
leager a-arms
ac nerfs like pro pegs
IMS ROLL fatty pegs
ESr 265 PV w/ trx 5 or 6 exhaust.
fullbore plastic
lonestar ...
swinger
axle
carrier
hubs(brake sproket)
holeshot tires all around with bead locks in the rear.
thats about it.... the guy got it from a friend and rebuilt it and never raced and only rode it a little bit...

f4istunna
12-12-2007, 04:47 PM
sounds worth it to me. By the sounds of the mods it should have some good low/mid power already so you maybe able to throw some 20" tires out back (if not already) and run it. Get some skids and the normal woods wear

Rich250RRacer
12-12-2007, 04:49 PM
Look here. The mods to my motor are listed there too.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=319215

woodsracer144
12-12-2007, 04:49 PM
i think it has 20s on it... and the normal mx type holeshots... i think that they are the XCT's that are 20's...

Aceman
12-12-2007, 04:51 PM
3k for aftermarket framed? If it's not beat, I'd say you've got a good deal.

woodsracer144
12-12-2007, 04:54 PM
from the pic's ive seen its super clean! he git it from a HS buddy and he redid the whole thing and then he never was able to ride it because he was in hte army or something... so he would run it now and there around this place and now he needs some money...

how well is hte arens frame?

Aceman
12-12-2007, 05:02 PM
Mine has a crack on each side on the lower frame tubes near the swingarm gusset/foot peg and a crack on each side of the steering stem bearing mount. I can see undercutting where they TIG welded it making a weak spot at the bearing mount which helped to cause cracking. After they cracked 2 years ago, they haven't gotten any worse. The pipe mounts don't seem to fit worth a chit with my LRD adjustable. But other than that, works great.:p

woodsracer144
12-12-2007, 05:07 PM
so what did you do when you cracked it? would you strip and sell and get a lonestar or leager or something.. the only thing is that to find a nice lonestar or leager takes a long time or alot of money to buy new... on dana ceeck racing there are a little over 2K for a lonestar...

250Renvy
12-12-2007, 05:28 PM
Geez talk about indecisive. I don't think you should get it if you are that unsure.
Maybe grow up a little or stop acting like you actually own it when clearly you don't. Stop wasting posts when clearly you aren't going to get this thing.

From the pictures I saw in one of these other million posts about this quad, it's a good deal already. Sell the MX parts and buy some XC parts and you're good to go. A powervalve motor is easily $1500 and an Arens frame is $1800 new or $700 used, shocks are $700 used. Do the math.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=324843

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=322475

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=284239

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=279584

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=324614

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=323414

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=317572

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=304949

woodsracer144
12-12-2007, 05:52 PM
ok 1st off i've been lookin to get a 250r for a long time, 2 i've been lookin at this one for a while,
3) im sorry im askin around on what would be best i didnt grow up with the 2-strokes i wish i did but i did... im growing in the 4 strokes... so i wanna know what is the best of the best for the money.
4) i said im lookin at in 2 of which

i'm sorry i lookin in to things a little bit past what you or someone els would. i have had many different 250r's ive found. and most of which i dont like this is the first one that i've found in like i know i posted those post but only 2 are on this quad.
im not tryin to make it seem like i own it. i wanna see what is the best. and some times to get the most replys you have to do somethings. and yes i am buyin this quad.

woodsracer144
12-12-2007, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by 250Renvy
Geez talk about indecisive. I don't think you should get it if you are that unsure.
Maybe grow up a little or stop acting like you actually own it when clearly you don't. Stop wasting posts when clearly you aren't going to get this thing.

From the pictures I saw in one of these other million posts about this quad, it's a good deal already. Sell the MX parts and buy some XC parts and you're good to go. A powervalve motor is easily $1500 and an Arens frame is $1800 new or $700 used, shocks are $700 used. Do the math.

i've been sittin here readin this thing for a while and i have THOUGHT about it and i've watched 3 auctions on ebay with shocks and a custom axis shock only for 337.50 and the peps didnt get much more.

im sorry to all the guys tha have helped me and i thank you alot! and this might be strike 2 for me but im sick of people being a pain in the but when i ask a question just so i know the good and the bad. i wanna learn what is right and what is wrong. im sorry im a guy thats growen out in the woods and learned to not reply on any one and learn how to live offyour self. but im sick of all the people on here puttin post on here like that.
there is a reason i put post like this on here. to ask the people have ran these and know that they are like so i can find out first hand from the people that use the parts.
theres a reason that there is a fourm here.. its to post know how and other questions. but to keep you happy 250Renvy im gonna say **** it and i;ll find out by my self and im not gonna post things so you dont have to worry now...

again thanks to all the guys who did HELP ME!! if you have anything els that would help me out you can shoot me a pm. thanks!

250Renvy
12-12-2007, 07:26 PM
1st. Forums are better when people have good spelling and grammar. It's so hard to read what you have written.

2nd. I'm all for people asking questions, that's how you learn. However when you can easily read post after post about what 250R's are good for and people telling you that it's a good quad/ price for what you want to use it for; why do you have to post it 5 or more times? It's like asking what's faster? or what's the top speed?

As far as your comments on the shocks, I was referring to a full set, or long travels if you will...

If you really want a 250R like you say you do, just buy the thing. Ride it and try it out, if you don't like it or it's not good for you sell it. I've had about 6 250R's in the last 2 years trying out different setups.

woodsracer144
12-12-2007, 07:40 PM
ok im not bein me and i dont wanna seem like im cryin to you or anyone but this is how things go around for me...

my parents told me flat out they didnt want me in this sprot and when i told my mom once im out of HS i wanna build motors or atv's or something like that she didnt want anything to do with it...

my sister called me up a few nights a go and told me that i have to get out of atv's and try new things like basketball or football. and when i told her that she should also if i should she made excuse to me that she couldnt becasue her kids are too young.. her oldest one is old enought to ride... its a load of BS

the olny people that i have to help and support me are the few true friends i have and the words of the people that run the items on here. im 16 and i work for a buddy on atvs and now hes startin rc cars. and he is on of the main people that helps me.

i get told everyday what i should and shouldnt do. i know that i cant type very well i can re read what i typed and there are still mistakes.
what im getting to is i dont have the ablity to go and spend 3K on a bike and ride it alittle bit and then turn around and sell it. if i buy something im gonna have it for atleast a year or more.
i dont have the ablity to have someone pay for a ride for me and ride it and take it in. im 16 pretty much on my own tuggin my self through this time of life hopeing that i can get placed well in a atv shop some day.

thanks again to all who have helped...

on ebay there is a arens frame and the guy said that it was aluminum? did they make them or is he full of it? thanks!

250Renvy
12-12-2007, 08:43 PM
Then take advice from someone who is older.

Your best bet is stay in school. Get good at the reading and writing and take some business/accounting classes(good for working in a business) as well as a tech class in automotive. Learn to work on motors then try to get a co-op in a motorcycle shop. After high school go for an apprentice position in Motorcycle/atv repair. Make some money then buy what you want.

At 15 I worked all year and bought a blaster, when I outgrew that I worked for another year and while riding the blaster and taking good care of it then sold it and bought a 250R for $3000.

If you can't afford to buy a machine and risk losing a bit, racing is not in your future at the moment because it'll cost money on top of the machine to truck it places, repair, buy tires, entry fees etc.

f4istunna
12-12-2007, 08:55 PM
ya racing is far from cheap. Like envy said theres alot more cost to it than just your machine and maintenance. Entry fees, registration, truck to get you there, gas in the truck and the quad.

Definately dont spend every dime you have just to buy the bike. then you wont have any $$ to enjoy it.

For the mods on that R it is a good price, if you can afford it id go for it, but i wouldnt break the bank for it ;)

If you want to be a atv mechanic in the future, maybe a good idea for you would to buy a cheaper, maybe blown up bike get a manual, and give yourself some hands on experience.

woodsracer144
12-13-2007, 12:09 PM
this is how i sti with the bank
i have 600 in that ends in a bit and its for 6 mot. at 4.4 % or soemthin like that...
i have a yamaha blaster that has goodies on it an i have a custom axis rear shock for a 250r sittin in my room.. i have a polaris big boss 400 from my uncle to sell(that i should get at least 2500 for if not more..) i also have a scopion whip 440 too that im gonna sell the scopion i picked up for 50 bucks and it need work and i fixed it up and now i dont ride it...
the blaster had a bad motor and i got that fixed... and now i would like a bigger quad.
i also have 700 in the bank and im workin ot get a job at a local farm waitin for him to call me back i have a ride to all the races and all that is covered im makein a deal with a buddy...
i also sell RC car parts and stucff for RC cars... i just started with that...

so you tell me...