PDA

View Full Version : body building supplements

Exrider434
12-12-2007, 08:37 AM
anyone ever tried Muscle Techs naNO Vapor? or anything else? Are these things necessarily bad for you? I cant find a straight up answer about it if its just gonna help me now and hurt me in the end or something? I take Pro Performance whey protien now, and its not doin much i dont notice any difference from when i wasnt using it, but i heard this naNO Vapor works great.

http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2827239&cp=2551210

national425ex
12-12-2007, 11:44 AM
I take Cardio Stack, It is some of the best stuff I have tried, Well worth it. Even during a race I can tell I have more stamina. I take a couple after a race to help slow down the aches of a 2 hour long cross country race. Give it a try man!

madskrillz2
12-12-2007, 12:25 PM
when i ordered my last stack of supplements i got a free sample of that nano vapor. let me tell you, it worked almost too good. it does hit you almost as soon as you ingest it and you just get crazy focused. BUT i got through about 3 sets of bench and 3 sets of abs and i just started feeling really nauseous and like i was going to pass out. now it might be different for other people but that's what it did to me. i think it's because of all the caffeine in it and then it has creatine monohydrate in it which makes me sick.

don't get me wrong though, the stuff works, it's just not for me. it actually surprised me because anything else from muscle tech is sh1t.

woodsman250r
12-12-2007, 01:31 PM
I use N.O. Xplode everytime I workout and it has about the same effect as N.O. Vapor. N.O. stands for Nitric Oxide which gives your body the "pump effect as it is released into your blood stream. It also contains Creatine in it as well. You need to start with smaller doses with this stuff to get your tollerance levels up or it will have a negative effect on your body. Also make sure you are drinking plenty of water during the day and stay away from Pop as it will tend to dehydrate your body. Once you use it a few times at the proper doses, you won't want to train without it.

Hondaracing819
12-12-2007, 04:39 PM
I've used it once before. stuff works real well, i used it for a day of football testing like in the weight room. we needed to get 10 pullups and i got 17 and like the week before my 3 rep max was like 215, it went up to like 225 from taking it. no joke. it just gives you a massive burst of energy but it gives you headaches. take it before your work out in like one of those small plastic cups with water. i would also recomend you to get creatine monohydrate the tasteless stuff at gnc. drink alot of water with that b/c it tends to dehydrate you

madskrillz2
12-12-2007, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Hondaracing819
I've used it once before. stuff works real well, i used it for a day of football testing like in the weight room. we needed to get 10 pullups and i got 17 and like the week before my 3 rep max was like 215, it went up to like 225 from taking it. no joke. it just gives you a massive burst of energy but it gives you headaches. take it before your work out in like one of those small plastic cups with water. i would also recomend you to get creatine monohydrate the tasteless stuff at gnc. drink alot of water with that b/c it tends to dehydrate you

i'm not knocking what you said at all but if you're gonna get a creatine, get creatine ethyl ester. has a 95% absorption rate while monohydrate has a 30% absorption rate. plus monohydrate makes most people sick to their stomach or gives you cramps, not to mention water retention.

if you get Nano vapor or N.O. Xplode (i love this stuff) then you don't need creatine because they both contain it along with nitric oxide.

madskrillz2
12-12-2007, 05:20 PM
oh and if you need anymore advice ask nacsracer (i think that's it). he seems to know more than i do about "supplementation"

Warnerade
12-16-2007, 10:49 AM
:o

hondaracing..if your getting a headache when you workout, drank some gatorade, or anything with some carbs in it before you work out, just like half a bottle or something...the headaches will stop, your pre-workout drink isnt causing that

atvtrailrider
12-16-2007, 11:10 AM
I would recommend MotoX Nutrition to everyone. MotoX Nutrition (http://www.motoxnutrition.com)

Christian, the guy that is making the supplements, spent many years working with body builders before he started designing these specifically for riders and racers. Christian is more than willing to give you the long exlpanation of how the supplements will help you, but they increase your focus, give you more energy, and decrease the time that it takes to recover after a race or workout. One person I know of took the products for the first time at a race while he was really sick. The products actually cleared his sickness up and allowed him to race.

Many of the riders in the northwest are using this product with huge success.

The website even has a small form that you can fill out and he will send you a package with samples to try.

12-16-2007, 01:06 PM
r u lookin for muscle milk

Exrider434
12-16-2007, 02:45 PM
nahh, im hopin to get out to GNC this week, ive heard lots of good things about the naNO Vapor so i think im gonna go with that

mine
12-16-2007, 05:01 PM
gaspari nutrition's super pump 250 is the best pre workout supplement hands down.

Warnerade
12-16-2007, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by mine
gaspari nutrition's super pump 250 is the best pre workout supplement hands down. agreed..I wouldnt go with nano vapor...muscle tech is all junk IMO..nothing but hype in their advertising.

madskrillz2
12-16-2007, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by NacsRacer027
agreed..I wouldnt go with nano vapor...muscle tech is all junk IMO..nothing but hype in their advertising.

how does that stuff compare to N.O. Xplode? don't think i've ever heard of it

Villageidiott83
12-17-2007, 01:48 PM
www.bodybuilding.com

mx428
12-17-2007, 02:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JMOh-cul6M

MUSCLE MILK
HGH
PROTEIN
POWERBARRRRRS

mine
12-17-2007, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by madskrillz2
how does that stuff compare to N.O. Xplode? don't think i've ever heard of it

I've had both, I literally ended up THROWING away the N.O xplode, it works for 20 minutes into your workout and then it wears off, leaves you with a very unhappy stomach, and a headache. I would honestly laugh at the person who would think N.O xplode is better than superpump 250. Anything made by BSN SUCKS. They have just gone through a lawsuit becaue they were lieing about the ingredients in there products. Anything by gaspari is good, if you're over 21 I'd recomend trying their novaldex.

Gasparinutrition.com

440ex kid
12-17-2007, 09:19 PM
gaspari nutrition's super pump 250 is the best pre workout supplement hands down.

Ive been taking this for a good while. Im not going to say its the best out because its the only preworkout drink ive tried. It definetly gets you focused and pumped. I do have one question for you. What flavor are you using and what do you mix it with? I have the blueberry and it takes all i got to put it down with anything. The aftertaste is just herendous. Ive tried water, gatorade, you name it. any help would be greatly appreciated.

madskrillz2
12-17-2007, 11:46 PM
I've had both, I literally ended up THROWING away the N.O xplode, it works for 20 minutes into your workout and then it wears off, leaves you with a very unhappy stomach, and a headache. I would honestly laugh at the person who would think N.O xplode is better than superpump 250. Anything made by BSN SUCKS. They have just gone through a lawsuit becaue they were lieing about the ingredients in there products. Anything by gaspari is good, if you're over 21 I'd recomend trying their novaldex.

Gasparinutrition.com

damn really? well i guess when i finish this N.O. xplode off i'm gonna have to invest in some of that. yeah you're right most of BSN's products are crap but i've read almost nothing bad about N.O. xplode. it's worked for me so far but i'm always looking for the next best thing so i guess i'm gonna have to give that stuff a shot.

madskrillz2
12-17-2007, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by 440ex kid
Ive been taking this for a good while. Im not going to say its the best out because its the only preworkout drink ive tried. It definetly gets you focused and pumped. I do have one question for you. What flavor are you using and what do you mix it with? I have the blueberry and it takes all i got to put it down with anything. The aftertaste is just herendous. Ive tried water, gatorade, you name it. any help would be greatly appreciated.

hah well sometimes you just gotta learn to choke it down. i also take an amino acid supplement (Purple Wraath) and it is HORRID but i somehow manage to choke it down. the benefits and gains are worth the sh1tty taste

honda250xrider
12-18-2007, 09:16 AM
i almost feel alot of the expensive supplements are not worth it, I take ribose, why protein, creatine. I will go through n.o xplode in a month's time along with xyience, while spending 50-90 bucks a pop on these. I can get protein, creatine, and ribose all for under 90 bucks while having at least a 2 month supply.

Villageidiott83
12-18-2007, 01:49 PM
Nolva. haha you mite wanna research alil mine. nolva is used as a counter for gyno when coming off cycle. just like clomid. it has no muscle gaining attributes at all. juicers use it at the end of the cycles when their estrogen levels are real high and the chance of gyno is higher......

mine
12-18-2007, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Villageidiott83
Nolva. haha you mite wanna research alil mine. nolva is used as a counter for gyno when coming off cycle. just like clomid. it has no muscle gaining attributes at all. juicers use it at the end of the cycles when their estrogen levels are real high and the chance of gyno is higher......

I think it's time for somebody to think outside the box. Those older males, even some females who don't produce as much test as others use it, Rich gaspari uses it daily just to keep test levels reasonably high. Of course it will hep with gynocomastia and PCT but how many users on atvriders are actually gonna ask, "Why are there lumps in my boobs", or "Help, I just finished juicing what do I do now" There are teachers in my school that use nolvadex by gaspari just to help with test levels. the older you get the less test your body produces naturally, which also means less wood.

Testosterone also help maintain and stimulate libido, which is needed for the production of sperm cells for the maintanence of muscle and also bone mass ;)

Warnerade
12-18-2007, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by 440ex kid
Ive been taking this for a good while. Im not going to say its the best out because its the only preworkout drink ive tried. It definetly gets you focused and pumped. I do have one question for you. What flavor are you using and what do you mix it with? I have the blueberry and it takes all i got to put it down with anything. The aftertaste is just herendous. Ive tried water, gatorade, you name it. any help would be greatly appreciated. ever try SizeOn? It makes superpump 250 taste like kool aid, haha...in my experience, stuff that taste worse, usually works better.

mine
12-18-2007, 03:41 PM
ever try SizeOn? It makes superpump 250 taste like kool aid, haha...in my experience, stuff that taste worse, usually works better.

yep.

ccmuscle22
12-18-2007, 06:55 PM
One of our riders mentioned this thread to me. The issue with the NO products for riding, is it will be Ok for 4-5 lap ( 8 min) motos. But I know for our team MotoX Nutrition, most of our riders are more endurance riders, WORCS, GNCC and the "hot wire" system approach of these NO products, up to 400mg of caffeine per serving on some, is going to make the rider fall short. You can't eat anything with these products, so you won't have any sustainable energy. The vasodialation factor will make arm pump worse traditionally. The blood volume increase will work great in short burst, but will cause you run low on ATP/oxygen on a worthy ride. We have held back on a creatine or especially a NO product for these reasons. these are great supplements for a gym workout where you hit a 6-15 reps set and them stop to regenerate more ATP. But not continual riding or motocross. Also, to try to flavor over the horrbile tasting ingredients, (arginine is very bad), you have you flavor the crap out of them, most of the flavorings are citric acid based, increasing acidosis in the blood and muscles, thus creating a horrible enviroment for ATP/oxygen and endurance.

Creatine has it's place in sports. Everyone has their view on works best, so I'm not going to enter that debate.

Hope my experience and views are helpful.
Our site also features a Nutrition Q & A's page. Some might find the information useful. This is a great debate.
http://motoxnutrition.com/store/index.cfm

Thanks,
Christian
TEAM MXN MotoX Nutrition

440ex kid
12-18-2007, 08:23 PM
ever try SizeOn? It makes superpump 250 taste like kool aid, haha...in my experience, stuff that taste worse, usually works better.

Yea I take sizeon also. Its not bad at all. Kind of sweet but its tastes like lemonade. The superpump works no doubt. I may have to try a different flavor next time.

Warnerade
12-18-2007, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by ccmuscle22
One of our riders mentioned this thread to me. The issue with the NO products for riding, is it will be Ok for 4-5 lap ( 8 min) motos. But I know for our team MotoX Nutrition, most of our riders are more endurance riders, WORCS, GNCC and the "hot wire" system approach of these NO products, up to 400mg of caffeine per serving on some, is going to make the rider fall short. You can't eat anything with these products, so you won't have any sustainable energy. The vasodialation factor will make arm pump worse traditionally. The blood volume increase will work great in short burst, but will cause you run low on ATP/oxygen on a worthy ride. We have held back on a creatine or especially a NO product for these reasons. these are great supplements for a gym workout where you hit a 6-15 reps set and them stop to regenerate more ATP. But not continual riding or motocross. Also, to try to flavor over the horrbile tasting ingredients, (arginine is very bad), you have you flavor the crap out of them, most of the flavorings are citric acid based, increasing acidosis in the blood and muscles, thus creating a horrible enviroment for ATP/oxygen and endurance.

Creatine has it's place in sports. Everyone has their view on works best, so I'm not going to enter that debate.

Hope my experience and views are helpful.
Our site also features a Nutrition Q & A's page. Some might find the information useful. This is a great debate.
http://motoxnutrition.com/store/index.cfm

Thanks,
Christian
TEAM MXN MotoX Nutrition I dont think anyone here even mentioned taking an N.O product for riding?

Im not sure what type of Arginine you have tried to use that taste bad...but I take pure Arginine and can mix it with a glass of water and cant even taste a thing. Not sure about anyone else, but I never considered H20 to be much of a "flavor" to cover up something that taste bad...but hey, I could be wrong

ccmuscle22
12-19-2007, 01:09 AM
I dont think anyone here even mentioned taking an N.O product for riding?

Im not sure what type of Arginine you have tried to use that taste bad...but I take pure Arginine and can mix it with a glass of water and cant even taste a thing. Not sure about anyone else, but I never considered H20 to be much of a "flavor" to cover up something that taste bad...but hey, I could be wrong

I brought up NO products because NoXplode and Superpump are both mainly Nitrix Oxide based formulas. You might not mind regular L-Arginine, but Arginine Hydrochloride (HCL) and AAKG Arginine Alpha Keto-Gluterate are a bit different. The Hydrochloride form is acidic and bitter tasting. Both products mainly use these forms.

Christian
TEAM MXN MotoX Nutrition

Exrider434
12-23-2007, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by ccmuscle22
I brought up NO products because NoXplode and Superpump are both mainly Nitrix Oxide based formulas. You might not mind regular L-Arginine, but Arginine Hydrochloride (HCL) and AAKG Arginine Alpha Keto-Gluterate are a bit different. The Hydrochloride form is acidic and bitter tasting. Both products mainly use these forms.

Christian
TEAM MXN MotoX Nutrition

Alrite i just got my free sample of the moto x, but im not using it for racing, i just want use it as a pre workout supplement and i dont exactly understand the directions. Could you give me any pointers on when to use it and how long before the workout. I workout 7 days a week alternating between Upper and lower body workouts and occasionally run.
thanks,
adam

mine
12-23-2007, 02:10 PM
For any pre- workout supplement you take it 30 minutes prior to or untill you start feeling a " tingle " or a "pump" thats when you go and workout. If you dont feel it in 30 minutes just go ork out, because it will either need a high heart rate to get you going or it's not going to work for you.

Warnerade
12-25-2007, 03:20 PM
For any pre- workout supplement you take it 30 minutes prior to or untill you start feeling a " tingle " or a "pump" thats when you go and workout. If you dont feel it in 30 minutes just go ork out, because it will either need a high heart rate to get you going or it's not going to work for you. no, you take i as directed, some tell you to take immeditatly before a workout.

ccmuscle22
12-26-2007, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by Exrider434
Alrite i just got my free sample of the moto x, but im not using it for racing, i just want use it as a pre workout supplement and i dont exactly understand the directions. Could you give me any pointers on when to use it and how long before the workout. I workout 7 days a week alternating between Upper and lower body workouts and occasionally run.
thanks,
adam
Hey Adam,
Using it before a gym workout, I'd take it on the way to the gym, so approx. 15-25 minutes before begining workout. Definetely include some cardio training to check heart rate. The Cynergy really should allow you to do the same workload with a lower heart rate than usual. You should also catch your breath quicker between sets. Good luck.
Feel free to email any additional questions to:
motoxnutrition@yahoo.com

Thanks,
Christian
TEAM MXN MotoX Nutrition