PDA

View Full Version : Recall on Kazuma

ecmini1
12-12-2007, 05:39 AM
The CPSC has told Kazuma there products are unsafe. Shows how sorry the China products are.
http://www.cpsc.gov/CPSCPUB/PREREL/prhtml07/07204.html

born2ride14
12-12-2007, 01:51 PM
haha thats funny!CHINA IS JUNK!

ps: are done with my 90 ,call me

tireman43
12-12-2007, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by 300maniac
haha thats funny!CHINA IS JUNK!

ps: are done with my 90 ,call me

I don't know that I'd say all China bikes are junk. I believe the Xtreme is a chinese bike and it's a nice ride.

markvette
12-13-2007, 08:19 AM
the typhoon prototype was buily by kenny vaughn of k-fab. then it was sent to china to be mass produced in a factory there.

forgiven
12-13-2007, 11:29 AM
So I understand you are saying the quality is better than the Kaz. Are you saying the Typhoon is on par quality wise with othe non china products?

markvette
12-13-2007, 01:58 PM
none of the above. just stating that the typhoon is made in china. as a matter of fact lane sold xtreme to the guy that owns the factory in china but still runs the company. this took place a while back.

Mark

markvette
12-13-2007, 02:11 PM
this is the quad xtreme was going to copy. billy holt and i had this quad in the xtreme booth 3 years ago. it was built by kenny vaughn and owned by troy white of texas. the chineese manufacture took us all out to dinner while we were at the dealer show to discuss the quad. an agreement on price between them and the owner could not be reached so it didnt happen. then a few months later billy and i went to dallas to kenny vaughns to pick this quad up and took it to xtreme in arkansas. xtreme decided to go with a totally new design using a lot of the pit bike parts. billy and i hooked xtreme and lane up and the typhoon prototype was built and then shipped to china to mass produce. the quad in this picture started out as an eton viper. kenny built the front end, nerfs and bumper. the motor was a wrh 108 stroker.as i have stated before billy and i were involved in the typhoon build.

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n246/quaddad1958/f8db5148.jpg

markvette
12-13-2007, 02:12 PM
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n246/quaddad1958/f8db69cb.jpg

tireman43
12-13-2007, 03:38 PM
Nice read Mark. It make it easier to fill in the blanks with info like this.

By the way I hope you and the other guys are getting the $$ for helping.:D

markvette
12-13-2007, 03:53 PM
yea right, another one of them things i helped with for love of the sport. but knowing certain people is this sport has given me a lot of experiance and a chance to meet many that are involved in the mini quad performance industry,

mark

forgiven
12-13-2007, 04:52 PM
Isn't that the way it normally goes. Those who deserve the credit/moolah get the shaft. Sometimes I wonder why I am not more jaded than I am

bulldogfallon
12-14-2007, 10:31 PM
I think a lot of us (including myself) get caught up in the catch all of Chinese products are junk.

While I can't say that a majority of the products from China are top notch, but they are making strides which really helps all of us.

If they raise the bar in quality it will also force other factories to do so to compete.

Much like what Apex did to the mini industry....I am sure their presence even though as a competitor to DRR, has also accelerated the pressure on DRR to put a better product in the market.

It is all about quality quality control and what the importer will accept as a standard.

I know I have had my hands full with non-Chinese products before....

Just a reminder to everyone (and myself) that the Chinese products should be given a fair once over before condeming them all.

I have been to China before where my daytime job (the bill payer job) has a factory....Our company is considered to be in the stature of a BMW in our industry...Danish engineering.....

Well our China produced products (while less technically challenging to build) are of superior quality then our European built products (at times), so that goes to show you that the company that implements and monitors quality control can produce a good product while maintaining a lower price.