PDA

View Full Version : blaster supension questions

porscheguy944
12-12-2007, 03:22 AM
I am thinking of putting a banshee rear set up on davids 2002 blaster and would like to know what has to be modified to make it work?

Will the swing arm fit in the stock mount on the frame?

If not what has to be changed?

also the rear shock from either a banshee or 450?

I would also like to put wider front arms on it but do not want to pay for the over priced ones I have seen on ebay or trenga racing.that require their exspensive shocks.that are the only ones that fit?or exspencive ELKA shocks either.

I see that you can buy banshee shocks at good prices used and the same for yzf450 shocks and swing arms.on ebay

there must be a way to make this stuff work on a blaster.

I am a good fabricator and am willing to cut and mod the frame to achive this for my son.

Any help here would be apreciated guys.

we had just bought new rims and tires for this blaster

so we would like to still beable to use them.
do the blaster hubs fit the banshe rear end set up?

blaster99
12-12-2007, 04:36 AM
your going to have to cut the swimgarm where the pivot bolt gose through, becasue its a solid peice on a banshe, and i dont know if its the right whith, but you should check that out. blaster hubs will fit the banshee axle.

12-12-2007, 08:55 PM
i am gonna have to say just upgrade not the blaster but to another quad. seems like more work than its worth because then you have to change the spring rate ad valving to make it actually work good because the huge weight difference

porscheguy944
12-13-2007, 02:55 AM
is the banshee swing arm any longer than a blasters?

as to changing to a differant quad this is the perfect size machine for my 14year old son so moding it is better for him for right now.

I just bought a banshee rear axsel off ebay tonight for it and would still like it if some one could tell me about the shocks issue.

will a banshee shock fit the blaster stock swinger?

blaster99
12-13-2007, 12:47 PM
i belive the shee shock wont fit, but dont take my word for it. i know a 400ex or 450r shocks fits though. and they work very well

porscheguy944
12-13-2007, 07:55 PM
I just bought used trenga racing 2+1+ a-arms off a guy on ebay today and now I need the front shocks to go with those?

I got the crome 2" wider than stock and 1" forward type.

What will work for shocks on these?says they are std travel not long travel arms.

will our stock shocks work for now?

If I can run banshee or 450 shocks with these it would be a lot cheaper than any thing else I see for sale.

I think 1200 for elka shocks is way to much money.

Any help here would be great guys

please send me a reply.

Hondamaster5505
12-15-2007, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by porscheguy944
is the banshee swing arm any longer than a blasters?

as to changing to a differant quad this is the perfect size machine for my 14year old son so moding it is better for him for right now.

I just bought a banshee rear axsel off ebay tonight for it and would still like it if some one could tell me about the shocks issue.

will a banshee shock fit the blaster stock swinger?

When i did the custom banshee rear end on mine, the swinger was about 1in longer, not much.

Its the width with the banshee axle that makes the difference.
Its +4W with the stocks rims and like +8 with aftermarket.

I could probably adapt the banshee swinger to your blassie for a smalee fee, because it took alot of precise machine work. We also adapted the banshees rear hydolic brake system to it, because the stock cable breaks suck