PDA

View Full Version : I can not decide!

honda8&3
12-11-2007, 04:32 PM
Well after I graduate I want to build my race quad. I'm not planning on racing full time, but I wanna do like half of a season. In new england we have a harescramble series that I'm gonna race when I get a 250f to try it out. I wanna race quads in it after HS. I want to build a full blown race bike. But I also wanna be able to trail ride this thing too. I am not exactly a casual rider and I put my 250x to its limits a lot. So here are my choices.

Choice #1- XC 450R
Suspension- Houser Max GC Sli-Cast a-arms, PEP Adjustable rebound and compression piggybacks, Houser swingarm, PEP dual rate shock, RPM Dominator axle etc...
Engine- Full Rossier Port and polished head, Rossier shorty exhaust, HotCam stage 2, 12:1 comp. piston, Full Hinson clutch, HotRods crank etc...
Wheels/Tires- HIPER Dual beadlock rear single fronts, with Maxxis Razr2's.
Full PRM skids, bumper etc...
IMS heel guards nerfs pegs

Choice #2- xc 400ex
Suspension- Houser +1 a-arms, PEP Adjustable rebound and compression piggybacks, Houser swingarm, PEP dual rate shock, RPM Dominator axle etc...
Engine- full 416 kit, port and polished head, HotCam stage 2 Hinson clutch basket springs etc, HotRods crank, HMF slip on, FMF PowerBomb header etc...
Wheels/Tires- HIPER Dual beadlock rear single fronts, with Maxxis Razr2's.
Full PRM skids, bumper etc...
IMS heel guards nerfs pegs

I love both quads but I can't really decide! I've never gotten to ride an R, but I've ridden a pretty much stock ex, and it was nice, but I still can't decide. Money is no option! :confused:

TWISTED DINLI
12-11-2007, 04:54 PM
definatly choice 1

BlaineKaiser450
12-11-2007, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by TWISTED DINLI
definatly choice 1 hellz yea

TRX450RACER174
12-11-2007, 06:09 PM
Def choice #1 but one ? why build a full blown race motor? is a cam, exhaust and intake not enough, just curious cause i have never though of doing any extensive motor work to my R at this time, i assume by the mods you are going to build a 04/05.

honda8&3
12-11-2007, 06:29 PM
Well it all depends on how much I'd like the stock motor. I'll prolly just port and polish the head, high comp. piston, cam and some clutch mods. By race quad I mean suspension. That is my main spot to spend the most money not much on the motor except the stuff above.;)

TRX450RACER174
12-11-2007, 06:50 PM
I guess your on the right track, i just think of race motors as a waste cause i personally do not have the time to maintain it or want to pay someone to do it, if i was wanting to dedicate myself to nothing but racing then sure i would go that route but definately suspension is a must i wish i would of done mine right the first time but you live and learn from the mistakes you make.

bloodmoney23
12-11-2007, 07:17 PM
well if you have the option to do pretty much the same to each bike. do the 450r. its all around a better bike.

pro-rider46
12-11-2007, 07:45 PM
yeah. the 400ex is bullet proof, but thats hondas trail rider in their eyes. but the 450r is more of their racer, much more capable...

zdowell
12-11-2007, 07:54 PM
I'm in the same boat you are, except I have a 400ex. I cant decide if I want to build it or just buy a 450r. I want to start racing a little next year and cant decide.

Hondamaster5505
12-13-2007, 02:36 PM
I would say probably go 450r.