PDA

View Full Version : changing 300ex frames

Jake250ex
12-11-2007, 12:09 PM
I just bought a frame off ebay, mines tweaked and now im wondering if I should have never messed with it. Do I have to take the top end of the motor off to get it out of the frame? Any other hard parts? Feel free to chime in. Thanks.

bradley300
12-11-2007, 02:13 PM
the 300ex motor is tricky to get out, but it does come out in one piece. once you have the gas tank, carb, motot mounts and exhaust off it will come out. there is certain way you need to do it or it wont come out, but its been so long since ive done it, i cant remeber how it goes. maybe someone else will

i am pretty sure you tilt the motor foward, then grab the head and rotoate the motor to the left and pull up and out head first out the left side

JIMFROMTEXCO
12-11-2007, 02:25 PM
lift the head between the upper frame rails, kinda twist the bottem end clock wise, it comes out via left side remove the foot peg. thats how i get my 350x engine in and out.

Sjorge450R
12-15-2007, 03:32 PM
yea its really tricky to get out. You will prob yell and curse alot, i did the first time mine came out. Just pay attention how to got it out, so you can put it back in. Everyone says that it has to come out the left side, but i have taken it out on the right side as well.

300ex_#387
12-15-2007, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Sjorge300EX
but i have taken it out on the right side as well.

Such a Dare Devil you are.....You sell your 300 Steve?

Yeah it is defenatley tricky to get out. If you can try and get someone to help you. I did it by myself one time, and it was way easier if you have someone help. when you put it back in make sure not to tighten down the motor mount bolts untill all of them are in place.

JIMFROMTEXCO
12-16-2007, 12:04 PM
the 250x engine is like taking a cake out of the oven, compared to the 350x in the 250x frame. the first time i did it it took me an hour to figure out. and most of my knuckles were bleeding. if the frame is ruined zawzall it in half :eek2: