PDA

View Full Version : Polaris Cyclone 250

Rusty91o
12-11-2007, 02:04 AM
Can anyone give me any info on this? I just got one and know about it, but I need to know more. Like mod capability/compatability. Where to get parts, how fast is this machine supposed to be, anything really. Thankyou.

300exOH
12-11-2007, 09:08 AM
My dad has owned one of these since new in 87. It's basically the same as the trailblazer. Some motor mods might be the same but I'm not sure. Dad kept his all stock. Personally I think they are a bit faster than the trailblazer in stock form and they handle a little better since they have a lower seat height. You could check with hotseat performance, ritter, and aaen for go fast goodies but with the age of the quad I'm not sure how much you'll find. Like I said you may be bale to use some of the parts intended for the TB.

I always liked the Cyclone but it is butt ugly:scary:

Rusty91o
12-11-2007, 05:05 PM
Yeah. What I thought I might even try to do is either modify the frame, or put the motor in some other frame. The suspension it prehistoric, and it only has a single setup A-arm. And the shock location is odd. Plus....Yes, it is most definitely the ugliest quad in history. So I wanted to see if I can do something with plastics. But still label it a Cyclone. Make it fast, unique, and rare.

300exOH
12-11-2007, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Rusty91o
Yeah. What I thought I might even try to do is either modify the frame, or put the motor in some other frame. The suspension it prehistoric, and it only has a single setup A-arm. And the shock location is odd. Plus....Yes, it is most definitely the ugliest quad in history. So I wanted to see if I can do something with plastics. But still label it a Cyclone. Make it fast, unique, and rare.

A lot of work for little gain (no offense) but it would be unique. Funny thing is...Polaris is still using that archaic design. It's about as unique as it could be in stock form...I've hardly ever seen another one on the trails. A dual a arm design and decent shocks might make it a fun quad. It might be possible to mod a set of newer plastics from the phoenix or trailblazer...if you like that look. I always thought if the stock headlight was removed and a set of banshee lights up from it might look better. Maybe just trim the stock fenders as well. The engine would likely work easily in the trailblazer chassis but I think the main reason the cyclone was faster was because it was lighter.

Rusty91o
12-11-2007, 10:39 PM
Well, the work for me comes cheap, and I know what to do as far as labor, so I figure I might as well. And I did actually notice today that Polaris does still use that same frame design. I also thought about using the fenders off a another Polaris. I'll have to see just what's possible. But then again, most anything is possible :cool: