PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else as excited as me?

Punk'd
12-10-2007, 09:10 PM
I already have Hipers, Flexx Bars, Power Commander, Filter waiting and when Sparks releases their exhaust I will be ordering it asap:D

Whats everyone else doing?

honda300EXtreme
12-10-2007, 09:26 PM
im waiting for you to send me those flexx bars :p

looks like your ready for this thing

scottwvu
12-10-2007, 09:37 PM
I have my dealer on speed-dial and call him daily :D :D

BSTURDIVANT
12-10-2007, 10:11 PM
to get those hipers to fit...you are going to have to do a little modification to the hubs and wheels......front studs are too big to go into the front wheels....and the rear hubs hit the bolts in the rear wheels...just a heads up

Punk'd
12-10-2007, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by BSTURDIVANT
to get those hipers to fit...you are going to have to do a little modification to the hubs and wheels......front studs are too big to go into the front wheels....and the rear hubs hit the bolts in the rear wheels...just a heads up

Really?

How did you hear this?

BSTURDIVANT
12-11-2007, 02:09 PM
I tested one this weekend at a local cross country race with hipers, axis, and exhaust. I had to do those minor mods to get the wheels on. Little secret...........it was muddy, warm, and rough....i won and finished the race with 0 Problems!

hasbeenttduner
12-11-2007, 02:33 PM
Will this be your 08 ride?

ThePhantomRider
12-11-2007, 03:23 PM
I have been as excited as anyone since I first started hearing about the DS back in 2003....

On another site I took alot of flack for making these "outrageous" claims....

1) The quad would be the most innovative on the market.
2) It would be the most powerful 450 on the marker.
3) It would be the lightest 450 on the market....(That got alot of heat as no one thought Can-Am could make a light sport quad)

I posted that stuff over 2 years ago...I took soo much crap for it and now I stand vindicated. It ended up exceeding my expectations 10 fold and I couldn't be happier.

TPR

Punk'd
12-12-2007, 02:17 AM
I tested one this weekend at a local cross country race with hipers, axis, and exhaust. I had to do those minor mods to get the wheels on. Little secret...........it was muddy, warm, and rough....i won and finished the race with 0 Problems!

Is this hard to do? Could you give me a breif explanation threw PM by any chance? I bought Hipers thinking they are Honda bolt pattern and they would fit:(

hasbeenttduner
12-12-2007, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by hasbeenttduner
Will this be your 08 ride?

I now see my answer on the homepage.Good luck next year.

BSTURDIVANT
12-12-2007, 09:35 AM
yes it is. I am very excited to get underway.

jlm996s
12-12-2007, 10:52 AM
Congrats to both you and Johnson!

Punk'd
12-12-2007, 09:59 PM
I hope mounting these Hipers isnt to big of a pain:ermm:

54warrior
12-13-2007, 05:34 AM

Sounds like it is Honda bolt pattern, just that they used larger diameter studs than usual, which isn't a bad thing IMO. You'll probably just need to ream the holes out larger.

On the rear, you must have to grind away part of the hub itself so that it will not interfere with the wheels themselves.

Doesn't seem like to much of a PITA to me, you never know though?

BSTURDIVANT
12-13-2007, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by 54warrior
Sounds like it is Honda bolt pattern, just that they used larger diameter studs than usual, which isn't a bad thing IMO. You'll probably just need to ream the holes out larger.

On the rear, you must have to grind away part of the hub itself so that it will not interfere with the wheels themselves.

Doesn't seem like to much of a PITA to me, you never know though?

You got it. The front wheels need reamed out 1 mm bigger and make sure the rock gaurd on the inside fits into the wheel. The rear hubs need to be ground or cut down so that the top of the hub does not hit the bolts in the rear hipers. The rear studs fit into the rear wheels. It is not that big of deal, just a little time.

MOTORIDER68
12-13-2007, 08:57 AM
I can tell everyone that Brent was flying this weekend. He was off the rev limiter everytime he went by me. It was also a good test for the quad with all the mud. This appears to be an awesome quad and it is even cooler that we have another 450 to choose from. Have you got to put much more time on the quad Brent. I guess there is a Koonz race Dec. 30 think you are going? I am pretty sure that we are. From what I hear its in your neck of the woods.
Thanks Ryan