PDA

View Full Version : how do Hiper Dual Bead locks work?

zdowell
12-10-2007, 08:06 PM
I was just wondering, I have an idea but was just looking for some confirmation. thanks alot!

12-10-2007, 09:02 PM
what do you mean by how do they work?

trx400EXtreme
12-10-2007, 09:11 PM
if you mean how do the beadlocks work, id say just as good if not better thanany other rim.

if you mean how tough are they, QUAD mag. says they have never broken one. hope that helps.

NacsMXer
12-10-2007, 09:12 PM
Here's the literal explanation lol. Very simple. You have a beadlock ring on the outside as well as the inside of the wheel. This makes mounting/unmounting tires cake. All you have to do is take both rings off, set your tire on the ground, push the wheel inside the tire, then pry the remaining bead of the tire over the wheel so that both beads are now outside of the wheel. Then, bolt on the rings and you're set :cool:

http://www.danacreechracing.com/categories/products/images/8x8.jpg

zdowell
12-10-2007, 10:12 PM
NacsMXer, that was what i was looking for. Does the rim split down the center? Bottom picture on the left looks like you can unbolt it?

bradley300
12-11-2007, 05:15 AM
hipers do split down the center, but that only if you need to replace a part. the tire bead is squaeeze between the black part and the yellow part in that pic. all you do is take off the yellow parts (rings) and pull the tire off.

NacsMXer
12-11-2007, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by zdowell
NacsMXer, that was what i was looking for. Does the rim split down the center? Bottom picture on the left looks like you can unbolt it?

Yea, bradley300 is right. Hiper wheels are "modular" wheels in that you can remove/replace pieces of the wheel separately in the event of damage, instead of having to go buy an entire new rim like you would with an aluminum wheel.

f4istunna
12-12-2007, 04:34 PM
These wheels are tuff, ive ran the fronts into the ground and only thing i have is a few scuffs on the rings. I bang off rocks, trees, few tumbles here and there.

I just bought some rear duals, should be here this week. Like they said above tire changes cant get any easier.

Well worth the $$ imo