PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about starting paintball

cheetah
11-10-2002, 11:59 AM
I am thinking about getting a gun to play with some of my friends. What's a good gun to start out with? I don't want to spend like 250 dollars or anything and I will probably buy a used one first. Watch should I look for? I don't really know anything about paintball and would like to know what to get and what not.

Black400
11-10-2002, 12:09 PM
I have a semi-auto samurai and it works good it was worth the money paintball is one of my favorite sports i play all the time:cool:

CHAUNCY
11-10-2002, 12:33 PM
I would get a spyder for something reliable. I have a spyder tl plus and it keeps me happy. Somebody id selling a spyder compace in the for sale forum or go to www.paintballgateway.com . They have great prices and cheap shipping. And remember the player makes the gun. What i mean is dont be scared of someone with a better gun or a faster shooting gun because they might just have money and no skill. Not meaning to insult anyone with a top dollar gun.

PinkFlame26
11-10-2002, 12:50 PM
whats it feel like to be hit with a paintball thingy?? lol!

CHAUNCY
11-10-2002, 12:52 PM
it stings for a minute or less then goes away but sometimes it dont hurt at all you just feel a splat. It also depends on how close and how fast the guns are shooting. Most of the time you get a welt that lasts a week or longer sometimes shorter. It all depends though

chris4w1
11-10-2002, 01:08 PM
tippman model 98 chep good shooting reliable gun

TheX1992
11-10-2002, 04:05 PM
i just went paintballin today. i wore like 5 layers of clothes so it didnt hurt to bad. one time today i wore a fox jersey, small tshirt, and cotton long sleeve and got hit in the coller bone it only hurt cuz it didnt break. your having so much fun you dont even feel them half the time. i got out and found 4 more paint spots

CHAUNCY
11-10-2002, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by TheX1992
i just went paintballin today. i wore like 5 layers of clothes so it didnt hurt to bad. one time today i wore a fox jersey, small tshirt, and cotton long sleeve and got hit in the coller bone it only hurt cuz it didnt break. your having so much fun you dont even feel them half the time. i got out and found 4 more paint spots

Yeah if your havin fun you dont feel it and it makes it even funner not feeling it. Its also really fun turnin guns down so you can shoot really close and not feel a thing.

Glow Plug
11-10-2002, 04:11 PM
I in the same boat as you, i planning to get into paintball next spring i want to get a Spyder flash in know it's a bit much for a first gun but hey:D .

MY friend got into it this year and he bought a model 98 custom it's a great starter.
Oh yeah and i doesn't hurt getting hit by a ball as long you have some decent clothes on, I usally wear jeans, a t shirt, and cover alls. the only way that it really hurts is if you get him on bare skin, or if the ball doesn't break. Or if it's like 5 feet away from you

ebanezar
11-10-2002, 05:09 PM
I have a 02 vert. feed autococker that I might be selling.

I have to many hobbies and not enough time!

Twiztid
11-10-2002, 05:15 PM
if i were u, i'd buy a tippmann 98 custom, they are like 120bux, and they most reliable gun out there, u can throw those folker agasint a tree real hard, and nothig will happen to it, and to get hit wit a paintball, feels like a bee sting, but then 5 minutes lata, u feel fine, they leave awsome marks, i like the bruses they leave cause u can show em to everybody, even if u have one close to ur(u know) then u can say to your girlfreind"hey u wanna see something cool?" and then maybe she will.....ya'll know what im sayin. lol lmao

Honda2003
11-10-2002, 05:51 PM
Twiztid is right. get a Tippmann 98. there a good marker and very durable. i used to help out at a local paintball store and never seen any 98's come in broken that wasn't caused by the owner.

erac4019
11-10-2002, 07:06 PM
If any of you guys are looking for some pb stuff I have a couple markers I'm selling. Impulse with upgrades, stainless Freak barrel(whole kit), Crossfire 68/4500 HPA, 12v revi, drop, etc..$650.00. I also have an AutoMag w/ J&J 2 piece barrel, Dye 2x grip frame and a few other upgrades for $300.00. I'm thinking about running some GNCC's next year and will have no time to play in any tournaments. I also have harness', masks(Flex 7's) and alot of other stuff.

Kadafiy
11-10-2002, 08:28 PM
Get a tippman or a piranha, dont get a spyder. They are made over seas in sweatshops and have problems. The tippmans are really reliable a few of my friends have them. And paintballs dont really hurt i got hit twice in the bare neck today. Got a welt but no pain. check out www.xpaintball.com they got good prices.

loganB
11-10-2002, 09:14 PM
Go with the tippmann Model 98 coustom they are reliabul and there is a lot of mods you can get for it to make it even beter if you wont.:)

skinrider440
11-11-2002, 08:27 AM
a scorpion is a pretty good gun that was my first gun

Glow Plug
11-11-2002, 11:02 AM
yeah when you go paintballing it's better ifyou don't wear as many clothes because for one you brused and that makes you play harder and second girls love war storys!!!:D :D :D

bandit390
11-11-2002, 11:09 AM
Tippman/spyder, doesnt really matter. There both good guns that will not break. Which ever gun you get, make sure to get a better aftermarket barrel. That will make a much bigger difference.

exriderdude
11-11-2002, 11:10 AM
geez, i just wear a jersey and a t-shirt underneath, and when is hot i just wear a t-shirt, you gotta be tuff:D either that or not get hit;)

man, i havent even heard of any of the guns you guys said. i stopped playing two years ago and there like 100 more guns. i have a spyder compact 2000 with just about every mod possible.

Glow Plug
11-11-2002, 11:17 AM
Not getting hit usally does help u know lol

QuadTrix6
11-11-2002, 11:26 AM
get a tippmann or spyder they have a ton of after market parts if you ever wanna go down that road and there very reliable. be prepared to spend money its an expensive sport

TRX250X
11-11-2002, 01:10 PM
Definitely go with the Tippmann if you're looking for a reliable marker that will last you a long time. I have a 98 Custom in Silver and absolutely love it. One thing it needs though is a different barrel. The stock barrel is okay for just starting to play, but once you get better you'll realize that the 98 will shoot much better with a good barrel on it. I'm gonna try to get a Dye barrel for mine sometime this winter. I know that American Paintball has a complete Model 98 custom with everything you need for 165 bucks. That's a great deal.