PDA

View Full Version : any college football buffs?

dirtbike&quad
12-10-2007, 06:36 PM
show me your bowl picks.
tough one..lsu or osu? vt vs kansas? okla vs kansas? usc vs ill? michi vs flor? pennstate vs texas a&m?

i dont know too much :p

hondarules
12-10-2007, 06:42 PM
oklahoma is playin west virgina...

lsu
west virgina
usc
florida
penn state

woodsman250r
12-11-2007, 02:40 PM
THE Ohio State University. No one else matters.

trxwannbe
12-11-2007, 03:17 PM
just quick little input......OSU BLOWS!!!!!!.......

m.h.s.c.#527
12-11-2007, 08:58 PM
i love usc but i really only am in to usc basketball not in to footlball

mineralgrey01gt
12-12-2007, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by woodsman250r

i guess we will find out January 7th huh:cool:

btw, GEAUX TIGERS!

HondaEXrider22
12-12-2007, 05:17 AM
Rutgers vs Ball State in International Bowl

Rutgers baby!

woodsman250r
12-12-2007, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by trxwannbe
just quick little input......OSU BLOWS!!!!!!.......

Just some more quick little input for you...you are an idiot for even making that comment.

Rulz
12-12-2007, 08:33 PM
Too bad the best team isn't even playing in the championship game this year, that would be OU!! So much for all the talk every year about the SEC being the toughest conference, with the Big 12 having 3 teams in the top 8, that speaks for itself.

And OSU, please!! You were beat at home by unranked Illinois. Illinois, you know, the team Missouri beat at the beginning of the season on a neutral field!!

Oh well, the Sooners are only loosing 5 seniors, next year we will win national championship #8 and counting!!

Cummins_04
12-13-2007, 08:30 AM
The only reason the big 12 has three teams in the top 10 is because there are only three good teams in the big 12. When in the SEC everybody is good I think I heard there were like ten teams bowl eligible. Any team in the SEC can beat any other team in the SEC any Saturday of the year. Thats why everybody talks about the SEC being so good.

cop292
12-13-2007, 08:46 AM
Rulz,
Before you talk out of your..... about Ohio State. You do realize that Oklahoma lost to Colorado and Texas Tech. Neither team is in the top 25, Neither team had a winning record in conference play. Colorado didn't even have a winning season overall. If there is ANY team in the top 10 that is overrated it is Oklahoma.

Rulz
12-13-2007, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by cop292
Rulz,
Before you talk out of your..... about Ohio State. You do realize that Oklahoma lost to Colorado and Texas Tech. Neither team is in the top 25, Neither team had a winning record in conference play. Colorado didn't even have a winning season overall. If there is ANY team in the top 10 that is overrated it is Oklahoma.

The loss to Tech was with our quarterback going out on the first play of the game, on the road. Both Colorado and TT are playing in bowls too, the Colorado loss was also on the road. Yes, both bad losses, especially the one to TT, which knocked us out of the BCS championship game. But, I don't believe we lost at home, like OSU did!

And we are not a senior dominate team, mostly all freshman and sophomores, including a freshman quarterback. So yes, you can expect a team this young to be inconsistent, some days they looked like world beaters, then the loss to Colorado you just scratch your head and chaulk it up to inexperience. I like our chances the next couple years!!

Please give us a play off system!!!

Crashmore 22
12-13-2007, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by woodsman250r

OSU is going to get DOMINATED for the second year in a row by an SEC team!!!! Buckeyes are gona roll snakeyes again! Gator meat last year, tiger meat this year!

hondarules
12-13-2007, 10:46 PM
if u will notice most of the time when a sec team lost it was to another sec team which proves the sec is the hardest conference..an i think hawaii shoulda had a chance at the championship cause there undefeated but they had a weak schedule so that knocked them out..which proves the bcs is bullcrap college needs a play-off system worse than anything..and the championship will be a close game nobody gets dominated but lsu pulls it out

Rulz
12-14-2007, 06:58 AM
Apparently OSU didn't learn their lesson from last year's BCS beat down, Tressel is an IDIOT!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3153797

Why would you "encourage" your under classmen to pursue draft possibilities before a national championship game?? Hell, even if they weren't playing in the championship game???

woodsman250r
12-14-2007, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Rulz
Apparently OSU didn't learn their lesson from last year's BCS beat down, Tressel is an IDIOT!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3153797

Why would you "encourage" your under classmen to pursue draft possibilities before a national championship game?? Hell, even if they weren't playing in the championship game???

Tressel is an idiot??? HAHAHAHA no sir, you are the idiot. Until you go there and coach a team to three national championship games from 2002-2007 and one BCS championship just shut up. He encouraged them so that he can prepare them for the next level, which is their career in the NFL. Tressel wants he players to achieve at all levels and doesn't limit them to just playing college ball. And he didn't encourage them to go into the draft, just to see where they stand right now in the draft prospects. Tressel is a coach with true class and sportsmanship. You made yourself look like a moron in that post, and I enjoyed putting you in check and pointing out how stupid you really are. :D

Rulz
12-14-2007, 04:35 PM
Read the article!! Even the players from last year's team admitted it was definitely a distraction. And please, don't talk to me about how great Tressel is, if he's had all this incredible talent with all these players moving on to the NFL, then why doesn't he win the national championship each year???????????????? Apparently he has the talent, supposedly, so why has he only won one title?????????

A great coach is one who can win with less talent, or even with another coach's players, ie., Bob Stoops!! Yea, OU won the title in 2000 in Stoops second year, with another coach's kids, that's a great coach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tressel, now there is an idiot!! Get ready for another beatdown you OSU lovers!!