PDA

View Full Version : Mike Chirdon Surgery

Ken Robey
12-10-2007, 02:36 PM
Mike Chirdon from Wooster, OH underwent back surgery this morning and is presently in the recovery room at a Cleveland Hospital. I just spoke with his wife, who told me that the doctor said everything went very well and he was very positive on his recovery.
For those of you who might not know Mike and his family, I can fill you in. Presently, Mike can be found at the GNCC races with his wife, Diane, and their son Blake, who races in the 8 am youth classes. Before his love for racing Mike could be found on the water as a Professional Water Skier. He gave up the skiis and wake boards in 2001 and began racing Utility quads. He first started on a Bombardier and quickly moved up to Polaris. Many of you may know him from riding that ugly green polaris 4x4 in 2006. He is one of the happiest and most friendly guys I know. This year Mike had to make one of the roughest decisions he ever had to make, that was to quit his second love, racing, or risk paralysis. Mike has been suffering greatly over the past couple of years with major back problems. If I am correct, his number of herniated discs is up into the teens. Mike is under such severe pain every day of his life, but he would never tell anyone. He is a great competitor and a great friend to all that pit around him. He is the first to congratulate you on a race done well and is always there to lend a helping hand. He isn't the fastest racer on a 4x4, but you can bet your ***** he is going to finish every race. Since his decision last January to give up racing for himself, he hasn't lost sight of the sport through his son, Blake. Even in the severe pain that he is in, Mike can been found pacing back and forth at his tent or somewhere in the woods waiting to take care of his son's needs on the track. He is no quitter and I wish him the best of luck and a very speedy recovery. Please keep Mike, Diane, and Blake in your prayers this Holiday season.

Pappy
12-10-2007, 02:43 PM
Get better soon Mike!!!