PDA

View Full Version : question about 250rs in the mud

klutchbuster250
12-10-2007, 02:24 PM
i know u dont really want to mud or go through muddy trails with a 2 stroke but do they hold up why is it that they blow the engines and other stuff, just wondering couse im deciding on a new bike.

thanks.
rudy

deathman53
12-10-2007, 03:47 PM
who told you this????? blowing motors, who ever told you must maintain their bike really bad. But yes, 2 strokes can be somewhat hard to ride in the mud, it can be done. Just have to know how and maybe run it a gear high in the mud to keep down the spinning.

Scott-300ex
12-10-2007, 04:11 PM
Yeh if your not stupid you won't blow it.

Keep the rmps down in the mud or your spin and sling mud all over yourself (Sux) and your buddies (Funny), but then you got a dirty bike and a dirty you. I ride muddy trails sometimes try to stay away from it, just try to keep the front end up and power threw, LoL

250Renvy
12-10-2007, 05:34 PM
All I can say is :

H-I-L-L-A-R-I-O-U-S

ROTHFLMAO

don't ride in the mud... ahhhh, good one.

On a serious note have you never heard of blackwater? OR GNCC in general? The only mud I've found really hard to get through on a 2-stroke vs a 4-stroke is the really wet soupy stuff in swampy areas.

As far as blowing a motor, as long as you don't get any in the intake it should be fine.

The beauty of a 2-stroke is you can set it up however you want, so if you want to run in muddy trails just get it set up for bottom end and gear down a bit.

Cr85rRida
12-10-2007, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by 250Renvy
All I can say is :

H-I-L-L-A-R-I-O-U-S

ROTHFLMAO

don't ride in the mud... ahhhh, good one.

On a serious note have you never heard of blackwater? OR GNCC in general? The only mud I've found really hard to get through on a 2-stroke vs a 4-stroke is the really wet soupy stuff in swampy areas.

As far as blowing a motor, as long as you don't get any in the intake it should be fine.

The beauty of a 2-stroke is you can set it up however you want, so if you want to run in muddy trails just get it set up for bottom end and gear down a bit.

Cant sum it up any better then that

RichM1983
12-10-2007, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by 250Renvy
On a serious note have you never heard of blackwater?

Have you ever seen the videos of the blackwater 100? I bought one and its great. Its fun watching all those old bikes, the shees, R's, LT's, and all that. Its great.

bushwesl
12-10-2007, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by klutchbuster250
i know u dont really want to mud or go through muddy trails with a 2 stroke but do they hold up why is it that they blow the engines and other stuff, just wondering couse im deciding on a new bike.

thanks.
rudy

Yea, never buy an R or any 2-stroke for that matter. They suck in the mud, trails, sand, mx/xc tracks, etc, etc. Did I mention they are unreliable as all hell and blow up all the time too? You'd definitely be better off buying a 4-stroke because they are the best thing since sliced bread. Seriously.

86250rrider
12-10-2007, 09:53 PM
what he said : i would get a ltz250 ,250ex,or something along thoise lines . then you can mod it as needed . i agree...2 strokes suck !! they blow up almost every other ride. go with a four stroke for sure. the honda 250r is way overated...its weak motor,lack of aftermarket,crappy handling,make it a poor choice for an extreme trail rider like you ! and yes....they do suck in the mud! ;)

TheNewn
12-11-2007, 03:17 AM
Just in case people aren't more perceptive than a rock. They're being sarcastic.

svahle
12-11-2007, 07:29 AM
My R is so useless that the only time I ride it is on a mild (70-75 degree) day that is dry. Even then I just use it to idle down the drive way and pick up the mail. Then I have the top end rebuilt and clean the air filter. One time I even rode out in a dry flat field to check some cattle. I was pretty concerned as to whether the R could withstand the stress of such abuse. I must have been living right because it held up okay. Other than that Rs are worthless.

86250rrider
12-11-2007, 08:22 AM
i used to ride mine more but now that i have the pure power of a 350 wolverine it sits most of the time. i think im gonna sell it and buy a warrior or something with a BIGGER motor.

klutchbuster250
12-11-2007, 03:26 PM
all right thanks for the seriouse replys ive ridden a leager 310 r more then once and i know how to ride and i know how to maintain a bike but i was talking to a buddy and he got me thinking about how the bike would be in muddy trails so thats why i ask i didnt really need all these stupid comment but thanks anyways for those that help

86250rrider
12-11-2007, 04:27 PM
listen....you come on a 250r forum asking why they blow up in the mud!! any make or brand can be great or they can suck.......it depends on maintenance,rider,setup. obviously you cant hang with the big dogs....NOW GET BACK ON THE PORCH!!;)