PDA

View Full Version : Health Insurance? Which to get?

OutlawEX
12-10-2007, 08:38 AM
Well I am in the market to do some shopping around for health insurance. Since I am 22 I am off parents policy and need a good rate and some good insurance. Please let me know what you have encountered

Bradracer18
12-10-2007, 09:17 AM
We have always had great luck with Blue Cross Blue Shield.....they pay good, and no questions asked. That's worth it to me, to know you are covered. I don't think their rates are that bad either.

54warrior
12-10-2007, 09:20 AM
Doesn't your employer offer insurance??

OutlawEX
12-10-2007, 11:09 AM
I had anthem and it was the worst.

I am self employeed. I just got some for 89 dollars with a 100 deductable. Covers perscriptions for $15 dollars and $35 dollar copays

ZeroLogic
12-10-2007, 12:16 PM
How much are you guys paying for insurance? In a few months I won't be under my parents insurance anymore so I'm going to have to pick up some or I can kiss riding goodbye. Whats a general price range of a month that you guys are paying. Thanks, I'm no trying to steal the thread either.:macho

12-10-2007, 02:10 PM
$300 a month through my employer for family coverage...3000 dollar deductible max out of pocket is 5 grand...just 3 years ago...it was completely free for me...time to start looking for better ins/job

SRH
12-10-2007, 02:16 PM
what it generally cost to buy your own health insurance?

HtFoxChick
12-10-2007, 02:27 PM
Costs all depends on what amount of deductable you want.

When I hear of a cheap health Insurance policy....makes me wonder how many exclusions there are.:confused:

Blue Cross/Blue Shield is fine. Check your phone book. It's free to ask them some questions. BIG BONUS: Find a job that includes health Insurance!!! You have the right idea by looking into insurance. Scary these days not to have any!!!

HtFoxChick
12-10-2007, 02:33 PM
Like i said it depends on the deductable but for an example..With a $1000.00 deductable.. somewhere around $130.00 a month. There's co-pay with the prescriptions, etc. There are alot of different policies, so this is just an example. IDK if that helped you or not.

zephead400ex
12-10-2007, 07:27 PM
I see we haven't had any northern-friends chime in on this thread:)

Assurant Health is a private insurance company that offers decent rates and good coverage.

wilkin250r
12-10-2007, 10:12 PM
Read the fine print (or ask questions). There are many insurance policies that will NOT cover accidents during organized races. Recreational riding, you're covered, but not during a race.

Some policies are a little different. They don't cover you if you are racing for a PURSE, an actual money prize. Generally, this would cover you in the amateur or novice classes where the prize is only a trophy or free equipment, but wouldn't cover you in the Pro-class with a cash payout.

lil_watz_ex
12-11-2007, 07:35 AM
Hey man I'm in the same predicament and trying to find insurance before the start of the new year. So far the best I have found is through Assurant Health or United Health Care through Goldenrule.com. Right now I am leaning towards the assurant one but I am only looking for short term. Hope this helps some.

CDCHONDAS
12-11-2007, 02:11 PM
23 yrs old self employed no kids, woman, etc. just a dog, I have aetna and pay $207 month, I am getting ready to look for something cheaper, its a decent plan but thats enough money ecspecially when i don't have any claims with them, of course i drink and use tobacco so that doesn't help.

SRH
12-11-2007, 04:31 PM
wtf i got health insurance through my employer, 126 bucks a month it costs me and i have like a 1500 deductible for emergency room and i pay 20 dollar co pay for doctors, the emergency room deductible doesnt roll over year to year either how does that compare to these plans you guys have for 200 a month?

JOEX
12-11-2007, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by SRH
wtf i got health insurance through my employer, 126 bucks a month it costs me and i have like a 1500 deductible for emergency room and i pay 20 dollar co pay for doctors, the emergency room deductible doesnt roll over year to year either how does that compare to these plans you guys have for 200 a month?
Dang... that seems pretty steep for employer coverage:( Hope you get paid well:ermm:

SRH
12-12-2007, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
Dang... that seems pretty steep for employer coverage:( Hope you get paid well:ermm:

lol hardly, 11 in change and hr , terrible, think i can find better coverage for the same or slightly more on my own?

JOEX
12-12-2007, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by SRH
lol hardly, 11 in change and hr , terrible, think i can find better coverage for the same or slightly more on my own?
Sorry, I don't have any clue what individual coverage may cost. I'm sure you can get some quotes online.