PDA

View Full Version : frame reinforcement

mcleod
12-10-2007, 08:05 AM
where do it need to be reinforced?

where is the weak point on the 04-05 frame ?

ive done some search but cant find a picture or something like that to know where to weld some reinforcement, if someone can help me with that.

thanks.

Scro
12-10-2007, 09:50 AM
Your best bet would be to buy a gusset kit from Bare, or I believe Lonestar also makes one. It will cover all the weak areas, and will come pre-cut to the fit the contours of the frame.

mcleod
12-10-2007, 11:27 AM
nice to know that someone make that,

thanks for the info! im going to buy one!

eastside 400
12-10-2007, 02:26 PM
if i were to get a gusset kit the LSR is the one. i havent personally got one but from the pics they have gussets that actually serve a purpose. You definatly need to strengthen the frame by the pegs, where those 2 cross pieces go by the pegs that the skid plate bolts to, you should put a piece of 1/8" or so plate in that triangle space. look at the LSR pics and youll see it. They also have the gussets that surround the subframe mounts up top. other then those the only other one i might do is the one by the tank in the back, ive never cracked my frame there but lots have. the only spot i am having problems with is by the pegs but i already have a gusset kit on but it didnt have those pieces.