PDA

View Full Version : Just purchased LT80!! what to do??

Mosthated
12-10-2007, 03:22 AM
I just purchased a 2003 lt80 for my neice. It had starter problems I fixed that, removed and cleaned it. But Im wanting to know a bit about the bike. Like for instance, I saw on here someone saying to check oil by removing a plug if oil drips its OK if not add 10w40. But how much, how does one check the level so to not over fill. Also what are the best recomended things to do to ensure longevity and performance. My neice is 2 1/2 she rides it now I just want to keep her on it for years to come.

Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!

LT80
12-10-2007, 08:04 AM
LT80 for a 2 1/2 yr old eh....:rolleyes:

I GET IT!!! Where it says nobody under 12, somebody scratched out the 1. LOL :D :D :P

I could be wrong......When the rider is sitting on the machine, her feet hit the floorboards and knees are bent? Fingers can reach and able to use the front brakes?
The natives are going to be restless.

Sorry to bang on ya dude. I'm sure your heart is in the right place.
I know you may have it slowed down.
I know you are going to watch every foot it moves.
I know it's way too big of machine for that young of a rider.

How about a nice DRR mini-mini 40cc.:)

Mosthated
12-10-2007, 10:57 AM
No need to say sorry! Totally understand! She spent the past year on a pw50, shes ridden the lt80 4 times and we ll I have no worries shes got it under control for a soon to be 3yr old. Dude we ride every day Im off which is 15days of the month. Shes on the 50 Im on my YFZ450. Cant bring out the R1 powered Raptor700 she will try and keep up.HAHA. But I figured the LT80 its a good step up!!!!I know it seems like overkill but shes got it, she understands riding!!! Besides my first bike was 1984 KXT250 Tecate. We bought it on my birthday in 1983. I would keep up with 16+ year olds and kill most. Do the math I just turned 30 in NOV. HAHAHAHAHA. Thats overkill!!!!!

But please I see your knowledge on the Lt80 from reading your posts. Help a brother out!! Give me some mechanical tips to keep this thing running reliable!!!!

Originally posted by LT80
LT80 for a 2 1/2 yr old eh....:rolleyes:

I GET IT!!! Where it says nobody under 12, somebody scratched out the 1. LOL :D :D :P

I could be wrong......When the rider is sitting on the machine, her feet hit the floorboards and knees are bent? Fingers can reach and able to use the front brakes?
The natives are going to be restless.

Sorry to bang on ya dude. I'm sure your heart is in the right place.
I know you may have it slowed down.
I know you are going to watch every foot it moves.
I know it's way too big of machine for that young of a rider.

How about a nice DRR mini-mini 40cc.:)

LT80
12-10-2007, 11:32 AM
Okey dokey. :)
Thanks for explaining.

In front of the front sprocket, there is a bolt. Remove that and see if oil weeps out. If so, it's full. If not, fill till it does come out.
You may want to inspect/clean the clutchs.
Keep the air filter clean.
Not much other than that.
I'm sure she will have fun for years on it. :)
lemme know if you ever need help.

On a personall note::: My kids need an uncle..:D :D

Mosthated
12-10-2007, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by LT80
Okey dokey. :)
Thanks for explaining.

In front of the front sprocket, there is a bolt. Remove that and see if oil weeps out. If so, it's full. If not, fill till it does come out.
You may want to inspect/clean the clutchs.
Keep the air filter clean.
Not much other than that.
I'm sure she will have fun for years on it. :)
lemme know if you ever need help.

On a personall note::: My kids need an uncle..:D :D

HAHA. Thanks I really appreciate the tips!!!

On that note!! I have an opening, HAHA. But keep in mnd my sister financed My Raptor1000R (R1 Powered Raptor) and my YFZ. So the uncle needs to have his benifets!!!! LOL:D

LT80
12-10-2007, 01:37 PM
So what your saying is...I'm screwed cuz I'm an only child eh..
:D :D LMAO!!!

So the LT80 is the tow machine for the yamahaha's?? Now I know why your concerned about a reliable machine....j/k

The 1000r sounds cool. :)

rhinorick
12-24-2007, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Mosthated
No need to say sorry! Totally understand! She spent the past year on a pw50, shes ridden the lt80 4 times and we ll I have no worries shes got it under control for a soon to be 3yr old. Dude we ride every day Im off which is 15days of the month. Shes on the 50 Im on my YFZ450. Cant bring out the R1 powered Raptor700 she will try and keep up.HAHA. But I figured the LT80 its a good step up!!!!I know it seems like overkill but shes got it, she understands riding!!! Besides my first bike was 1984 KXT250 Tecate. We bought it on my birthday in 1983. I would keep up with 16+ year olds and kill most. Do the math I just turned 30 in NOV. HAHAHAHAHA. Thats overkill!!!!!

But please I see your knowledge on the Lt80 from reading your posts. Help a brother out!! Give me some mechanical tips to keep this thing running reliable!!!!

Thats the kinda stuff that made the 250R go by by :(

s_pfingsten
05-04-2008, 03:24 AM
I'm thinking she's a little young for that machine as well. My boy was 5 when he started and that was a little scary. I hope you're paying attention.

lt80 dad
05-14-2008, 07:43 PM
i can see both sides of it. father of 3 one on the way ! 7 yr old boy lt50a(2 stroker), 11 yr old girl lt80, mama's on a pink polaris 200 pheonix, dads got a 80' cr80r, 06'trx450er, and 96 4x4 suzuki quadrunner the 2 yr old has a elictric quad in the yard she steers brakes throttles , she'll hit the 50 by the time she's 2 1/2 , my 11 yr old girl clocks in at about 65lbs , with a pipe air cleaner and some tuning that bike screams my 2 yr old has control of what she wants the quad to do but the bike is fast enough that she could get too far away from me too quickly for me to have a good eye on her. lastly are you wanting maintenance tips or hop up tricks?

s_pfingsten
05-27-2008, 11:08 PM
oK, it sounds like you guys live and breath quads. LOL. As relating to your 11 year old. My little girl who is still 10 tips the scale at 90lbs. and she is not at all chubby. She too loves her 250. Anyway have fun.