PDA

View Full Version : Kick Starter ???

Drewltr450
12-09-2007, 09:03 PM
if i were to buy a kick starter kit could i put it in myself or would i have to have my dealer do it? and also on c e r n i c s . c o m it says that if i were to put the kick starter in i could only run the stock ecu setting or by a sertain pim unit. is this true? or could i just run my cherry bomb i already have?

Colby@C&DRacing
12-10-2007, 09:18 AM
You could install it your self if you know how to turn some wrenchs. We sell the kicker conversion and they come with instructions and if you purchase it from us you receive free tech support. You can use the cherry bomb or We sell a PIM that will work with the kickers. I have installed one using a powercommander but it is a little tricky.

NOR CAL 131
12-10-2007, 09:18 AM
I cant say if you could install it yourself or not...I did it and it wasnt very difficult for me, but it did take a while. You have to remove the head cover and install a new decompression arm and then you have to remove the whole clutch side engine cover and install a bunch of gears and other little parts. Then you just remove the battery,starter,starter clutch which is really simple. The thing is super easy to kickstart...Im real happy with the kit. Also, the cherry bomb is fine...that's what im running.

Drewltr450
12-10-2007, 04:41 PM
are the directions helpful that come with it and how hard is it to put the decompresion arm in when you put it in is there anything having to do with valves or shims or stuff like that.

csimp3
12-10-2007, 05:11 PM
hey colby, could we get some more info on running it with a power commander? cause i would like one, but dont wanna have to buy a whole new efi controller, thanks

NOR CAL 131
12-10-2007, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Drewltr450
are the directions helpful that come with it and how hard is it to put the decompresion arm in when you put it in is there anything having to do with valves or shims or stuff like that.

The directions are actually quite good...and no the decompression arm part is actually really easy, just take off the old one, and put on the new one and make sure you have the spring on there properly and also dont drop the tiny washer down into the engine. The whole install is actually not that difficult, just time consuming. It took me like 4 hours, but it could be done much faster, i just really took my time and made sure everything was correct.

ltrracer
12-13-2007, 10:56 AM
and u say that its really easy to kick? and also does it have any problems starting at all? im just wanting to know cuz im running pro am next year in the WPSA and GNC nationals and im currently building an 08 and was gonna put a kickstart on it to try and save some weight and i also had alot of electrical problems on my 07

NOR CAL 131
12-13-2007, 11:11 AM
Yeah its really easy to start...easier than my TRX450 with a kicker. When its warm it fires up real easy...sometimes when its cold it will fire and then die right away, then it takes like 3 more kicks to get it going...i dont have a choke though, so if you plan on keeping the choke im sure it would fire right up even when its cold.

ltrracer
12-13-2007, 11:19 AM
alright thanks for the info and the choke is gonna go lol

user101
12-13-2007, 09:57 PM
If I was to put the kicker conversion on would it void my Factory warranty.

also what kind of $$$ does the kicker conversion cost?

NOR CAL 131
12-13-2007, 10:08 PM
I dont know about the warranty...

I paid $400 for mine

user101
12-14-2007, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by NOR CAL 131
I dont know about the warranty...

I paid $400 for mine
holy crap.... They can keep that thing!!

kamu_sutra
12-27-2007, 12:42 PM
yoshimura makes a kick start kit not and theres sells for about $500. and it has pretty detailed instructions on how to install.

bbrad mulvey
12-27-2007, 10:28 PM
same kit...