PDA

View Full Version : What is TT racing?

erac4019
11-10-2002, 08:22 AM
To me it looks like moto-cross for people who dont like to get big air.

Razorback
11-10-2002, 10:19 AM
i believe it stands for Tourist Trophy, although I don't know where that comes from. It is a mix of pure oval flat track racing (like dirt car racing) with a mix of very small jumps and bumps and curves. i guess your statement could technically be correct, but TT racing is much faster than MX racing. it's a totally different thing.

Bean
11-10-2002, 10:41 AM
its like this, TT requires a really good rider (like MX), but it also requires alot more motor than a MX racer needs, an MX racer can win on a stock 300ex, if u take a stock 300ex to a TT track, ur going down, btw, idiots who think it is a "lazy man"s sport, are dumb, they hav never tried it before, its harder than it looks, what Razorback said is correct, it has to hav both left and right turns, along with a few bumps, to be TT

erac4019
11-10-2002, 12:10 PM
Yea, Thats basically what I thought it was. I can see why they need more hp, with all that traction available. But, how well do they handle the jumps with lowered suspension.

Bean
11-10-2002, 12:35 PM
the biggest jumps on TT are prob about 2ft max, and its ussaly a smooth table top, so it dont matter much

QuadTrix6
11-10-2002, 03:06 PM
TT is cool but it depends on the how well you set up the bike

fourwhls
11-11-2002, 01:37 PM
IMO TT racing is scarier than MX. On the MX track, the only thing that scares you is the track. You don't tend to mix it up too much. On a TT track, the rider next to you is more dangerous than any track will ever be. TT Racing is high speed racing. A lot of times I am running 60-75mph down the straight and 50 into a sweeper. The speed isn't that bad, until you factor in the other bikes 4 inches away from you.

Now, picture the same scenario off the start. 10 bikes doing 75mph down the straight and merging into a 3-4 bike wide turn at that speed. I've seen some ugly wrecks. My wife wont even watch the race until everybody is out of the first corner.

TT is also finess racing. You can have the fastest bike on the track, but if you don't pick the right line, and break the bike sideways at the right time, you might as well hang it up.

I am not trying to discourage anybody from racing TT, I just think that it deserves as much respect as MX if not more.
I love racing TT and thrive on the speed and adrenaline rush, but I will admit, it scares the $hit out of me at times.

If you really want the low down on TT racing, talk to LT80 on atv connection. Mr. Moore, Angela Moore's dad, is the TT guru. He will back up every statement that I made.

BadA$$440
11-11-2002, 01:58 PM
is flat track and TT the same thing?

Razorback
11-11-2002, 05:56 PM
no, flat track is pure oval racing. like Bean said above, TT racing has left and right turns and very small jumps.

erac4019
11-11-2002, 06:18 PM
Do most TT tracks have classes available for stock quads. Say I would like to try TT racing but am not sure I want to completely switch my quad over, ie: lower,swaybars,etc...I would still like to be able to trail ride w/o having to switch back and forth.