PDA

View Full Version : Opinion on exhaust?

Punk'd
12-09-2007, 07:35 PM
What is everyones opinion on exhaust at the moment?

I'm stuck between the Sparks (which I have on my 450r and love) or the Rossier.

Which would you go with?

baubl
12-09-2007, 11:52 PM
Motoworks pipes are really good pipes thats what i run on my LTR in WORCS i gained two more HP over a Duncan HMF and Sparks that were tested on my bike and is quite enough to pass sound at WORCS ATVA GNCC talk with Johnny or Erika tell them Drew sent you sure they will hook you up too!

atvtrailrider
12-10-2007, 12:03 AM
Another major company will have their exhaust available very soon. Its done, just not released. I think I would wait.

Punk'd
12-10-2007, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by atvtrailrider
Another major company will have their exhaust available very soon. Its done, just not released. I think I would wait.

What company?

baubl
12-10-2007, 09:11 AM
watch these companies on there db rating they'll feed you with bs then not help when you goover dbs

you'll be at 96db pretty soon as Drew said try Moto Works
you have a problem they fix it now, thats what you what is great support.

bobl

atvlover
12-10-2007, 11:02 AM
Hello everyone. This is Johnny with Motoworks. We do have a great exhaust for the new DS 450. We also have the FMI you will need to controll the fuel mixture. Because we are racing the DS450 next year with Josh Frederick, we have had more time with the bike than anyone. We have created an exhaust that really works. Josh has been riding the exhaust along with our Oiless airfilter. He absolutely loves the power. I guarantee you guys will be happy with the performance. Have a great day.

Punk'd
12-10-2007, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by atvlover
Hello everyone. This is Johnny with Motoworks. We do have a great exhaust for the new DS 450. We also have the FMI you will need to controll the fuel mixture. Because we are racing the DS450 next year with Josh Frederick, we have had more time with the bike than anyone. We have created an exhaust that really works. Josh has been riding the exhaust along with our Oiless airfilter. He absolutely loves the power. I guarantee you guys will be happy with the performance. Have a great day.

Sweet!

When will this exhaust be available?

atvlover
12-10-2007, 11:33 AM
The exhaust is available now. We also have the FMI's and the oiless airfilter.

Punk'd
12-10-2007, 11:40 AM
The exhaust is available now. We also have the FMI's and the oiless airfilter.

Where can I buy one and how much are they going for?

baubl
12-10-2007, 11:43 AM
motoworks number is 1-951-587-9222 Talk with Johnny or Erika

LTR450_#67
12-10-2007, 11:44 AM
Hey Johnny do you know which wire to cut/disconnect for the performance map?

Aaron

Punk'd
12-10-2007, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by LTR450_#67
Hey Johnny do you know which wire to cut/disconnect for the performance map?

Aaron

Its the pink wire. It should be under some blue tape if I'm not mistaken.

atvlover
The product is available at your dealership. You can also go to Rocky Mountain ATV or direct at Motoworks.com. We are updating our website this week so it will be available online.
The full system is $549.99. The Slip on is $299.99. The Fmi is $279.99. and the Airfilter is $129.99.

baubl
If you go under techincal on the motoworks website it has instructions on what to do which is nice and i have not seen anyone esle put there instructions up on there website which is very helpful

Punk'd
12-10-2007, 11:55 AM
I'd like to see a dyno on this bad boy!

atvlover
12-10-2007, 12:55 PM
You need to cut the red wire with a black stripe. It is wrapped with blu tape to the wiring harness.

baubl
12-10-2007, 11:49 PM
hey Johnny give me a call soon hopefully we can figure something talked with Josh today sounded like Glen helen went well with the bike! good news! talk to you soon

Punk'd
12-11-2007, 06:21 PM
What pipe will everyone else be running?

Im looking into HMF, Rossier and Motoworks now, but cannot decide.

How does the motoworks sound?

Kind of dont feel like waiting for Sparks... I've done enough waiting with this ds450:p

baubl
12-11-2007, 09:01 PM
meets the dbs required and sounds great

ccmuscle22
12-11-2007, 11:53 PM
Hey Johnny,
Give me a call tomorrow if you can. Erica said it's been super busy there. Let me know know how the testing is going with the MotoX Nutrition performance supplements.

Christian
TEAM MXN MotoX Nutriton

54warrior
12-12-2007, 06:22 AM
$130---for an air filter???

bwamos
12-12-2007, 06:48 AM
It's an oil-less filter. It uses much more expensive materials than your standard K&N or uni filters.

Theirs is also lifetime warrantied.

54warrior
12-12-2007, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by bwamos
It's an oil-less filter. It uses much more expensive materials than your standard K&N or uni filters.

Most filter better than paper and flow better than a K&N. Best of both worlds.

I am aware of that, and I'll stand by my previous statement: $130--- for an airfilter?

54warrior
12-12-2007, 06:58 AM

Theirs is also lifetime warrantied.

Hey, no fair, you changed your response while I was typing my other one. Ok, with a lifetime warranty, that makes a big difference in my opinion.

baubl
12-12-2007, 09:22 AM
lets see now 130 for an airfilter 2300 for an engine rebuild
tough call?

54warrior
12-12-2007, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by baubl
lets see now 130 for an airfilter 2300 for an engine rebuild
tough call?

Your logic makes no sense, and now I'm going to explain why. What you are claiming is that without this 'revolutionary' filter, you are gonna need a $2300 engine rebuild (boy someone sure is sticking it to you at that price BTW!!!). When in fact, many owners, for many years have been using a 'conventional' filter without any problems, as long as these 'conventional' filters are maintained properly. For example:

use of a conventional filter does not equal engine rebuild

and

use of a K&N filter does not equal engine rebuild

however:

mis-use of a conventional filter could equal an engine rebuild

and

mis-use of a K&N filter could equal an engine rebuild

Same as:

use of new oil-free filter does not equal engine rebuild

and

mis-use of a new oil-free filter could equal an engine rebuild

Claas900
12-12-2007, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by 54warrior
Your logic makes no sense, and now I'm going to explain why. What you are claiming is that without this 'revolutionary' filter, you are gonna need a $2300 engine rebuild (boy someone sure is sticking it to you at that price BTW!!!). When in fact, many owners, for many years have been using a 'conventional' filter without any problems, as long as these 'conventional' filters are maintained properly. For example:

use of a conventional filter does not equal engine rebuild

and

use of a K&N filter does not equal engine rebuild

however:

mis-use of a conventional filter could equal an engine rebuild

and

mis-use of a K&N filter could equal an engine rebuild

Same as:

use of new oil-free filter does not equal engine rebuild

and

mis-use of a new oil-free filter could equal an engine rebuild

I agree,130 is rape for it. The only really nice thing about it not having to oil it,no oil mess,not having to buy oil. It has its upside. To be honest if they made one for the 250r I'd buy it. I'd fell raped but just the mess oil makes I'd somehow get over it.

baubl
12-12-2007, 11:02 AM
If your racing and have built motors thats where the 2300 comes in but these filters from talking with Josh they rode at Mesquite,NV with this filter in the sand for 2 hours and nothing got through the filter. Will be running them in my bike next year!

CannondaleRider
12-12-2007, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by baubl
Will be running them in my bike next year!

Bob, I didn't know an air filter was that important to your moped! :D

;)

bwamos
12-12-2007, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by 54warrior
Hey, no fair, you changed your response while I was typing my other one. Ok, with a lifetime warranty, that makes a big difference in my opinion.

LOL.. sorry about that.

I was correcting an error.
It filters better than the foam and gause filters. Not paper. It flows better than paper though.

We pay ~$35-40 for a K&N or Uni/Twin filter now.

I dunno.. to me it may be worth $60-$70 to never have to oil or replace my filter again.. lol.

My K&N's are usually only good for a year, then they are too clogged to use. 2 seasons and the filters+oil would break even. When I raced I would go through at least 2 a year.

If it is truly a lifetime filter that you'd never have to jack with oiling.. even if it's $130 it's a deal. I'm lazy.. lol.

Punk'd
12-12-2007, 11:44 AM
I it is truly a lifetime filter that you'd never have to jack with oiling.. even if it's $130 it's a deal. I'm lazy.. lol.

I already ordered one haha..

Magic Racing sells them for $110

hanes17
12-12-2007, 12:46 PM
That price of $130 adds up real fast if you race. I have 3 filters which are only good for about a year they cost about $25 each. I use all three in one weekend racing. Then I wash them all when I get home. There is cost in the cleaning agent. Then I oil them. In two race weekends I can go through a can of oil. It depends on how much I ride between races too.

But $130 each means to have the equvilance of filters I have is $390.00. Thats alot.

baubl
12-12-2007, 02:02 PM
chance dont pick on my zumma its no moped actually we're going to build the motor.Then look out all you 450s, I'll beat u all to the hole shot , but i cheat since i carry the red and black flag
bob

CannondaleRider
12-12-2007, 05:00 PM
Haha, Bob..you crack me up man.

atvtrailrider
12-13-2007, 04:53 PM
Here is a shot with the new FMF 4.1 Titanium System.

http://shop.epicracingproducts.com/v/vspfiles/photos/FMF-045237-4.jpg

baubl
12-13-2007, 05:26 PM
Sage Baker was running the FMF on his bike and I noticed on Jeremy Schells bike he had awhole bunch of FMF stickers on his bike but was running Sparks?

Punk'd
12-13-2007, 05:59 PM
I just ordered my Rossier. They said I should have it before Christmas.

atvlover
12-13-2007, 06:00 PM
Hey guys, Johnny withg Motoworks. Wanted to give you some info on the new filter. First of all we used the filter at the 6 hour race in Glen Helen. We only had to use one filter. it worked absolutely flawless. The bike ran as good as ever at the end of the moto. The filter let nothing through. Can any of your conventional filters do that? We have tested this thing under every condition we could find. Josh has ran 1 filter for hours. It works!
Remember that the 130 is not only for a filter but for the aluminum adaptor that is needed to fit it to the bike. It is also similarly priced to that of a K@N or similar filter.
You will not need 3 filters for a race. You will only need 1 it washes with soap and water. You can use it for hours on end, and oh yeah,
Maybe with no oil needed you can get your wife to clean it for you...lol.

Punk'd
12-13-2007, 06:02 PM
Hey guys, Johnny withg Motoworks. Wanted to give you some info on the new filter. First of all we used the filter at the 6 hour race in Glen Helen. We only had to use one filter. it worked absolutely flawless. The bike ran as good as ever at the end of the moto. The filter let nothing through. Can any of your conventional filters do that? We have tested this thing under every condition we could find. Josh has ran 1 filter for hours. It works!
Remember that the 130 is not only for a filter but for the aluminum adaptor that is needed to fit it to the bike. It is also similarly priced to that of a K@N or similar filter.
You will not need 3 filters for a race. You will only need 1 it washes with soap and water. You can use it for hours on end, and oh yeah,
Maybe with no oil needed you can get your wife to clean it for you...lol.

Mine just came in the mail today.. Can't want to try her out!

Claas900
12-13-2007, 09:27 PM
What are the sizes of the filter? The inside DI,the outside DI and height?