PDA

View Full Version : listening to ipod while riding...

glamiskid395
12-09-2007, 07:27 PM
who does it and what headphones do you use?

i have two ipods- 30gb video and 1gb shuffle
i use the shuffle while riding and have been using my sony walkman headphones. (the ones with the blue stripe thing)
and i can only hear certain songs while riding.

what headphones would you guys suggest.

i noticed in other post some have suggested the in-ear headphones but ive tried those and they fall out of my ear as soon as i put my helmet on. (smokin buds)

thanks

nickmelll
12-09-2007, 07:56 PM
try sennheiser ear buds the block out so much sound and work awsome as for the fallin out of ur ear part i usually dont have a prob just put ur helmet on carfully and pull on the chin straps to pullit away from u head

nickmelll
12-09-2007, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by nickmelll
try sennheiser ear buds the block out so much sound and work awsome as for the fallin out of ur ear part i usually dont have a prob just put ur helmet on carfully and pull on the chin straps to pullit away from u head

these are the ones i was talkin about http://www.voltz.com/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=1001-CX-300B&Category_Code=30-180-14&Store_Code=VT

glamiskid395
12-09-2007, 08:04 PM
thanks nickmelll, ill check 'em out
anybody else have ideas?

12-09-2007, 08:14 PM
haha I used to do that at practice and a couple races. I would duct tape my nano to the inside of my chest protector and use regular ipod headphones. its awesome, till one ear gets ripped out, then its just annoying.

Flyin-Low
12-09-2007, 09:01 PM
I'm yet to find any type of music that can top the song my Rossier sings. :devil:

But when I used to ride quieter bikes I actually took the old school round headphones, cut off the peice that goes around your head and used some velcro strips to hold them to the inside of my helmet in the open spaces by each ear.

-Martin

700bRad
12-09-2007, 09:53 PM
I love doing this! riding and listening to my mp3 player is amazing. gets ya pumped up and puts ya in the zone!

DF400ex
12-10-2007, 05:03 AM
Just use some Velcro and fasten your nano inside your helmet. I ran my headphones under the padding with just enough slack to fit in your ear. They will never get pulled out. just don't crank them up too much that you cannot hear what's going on around you.

440challenger
12-10-2007, 06:28 AM
i have a feeling if i was listening to music while ridding i would be trying really stupid things.... I used to do that on the street bike and i couldnt keep the front wheel down. Not a good mix

DF400ex
12-10-2007, 09:23 AM
Yeah I gata be careful what I listen to. If I play the same stuff we listen to before we go on mission (here in Iraq) then I'll definitely get a little too crazy and prolly hurt myself, lol.

glamiskid395
12-10-2007, 06:00 PM
well i velcroed my shuffle to the side of my helmet to i can get to the pause button quickly. and my ipod earphones and sony earphones are not loud enough to be heard over my WB e-Series pipe.
i might have to use my 30gb to get louder, becuase it plays the music louder.

DF400ex
12-10-2007, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by glamiskid395
well i velcroed my shuffle to the side of my helmet to i can get to the pause button quickly. and my ipod earphones and sony earphones are not loud enough to be heard over my WB e-Series pipe.
i might have to use my 30gb to get louder, becuase it plays the music louder.

All you need is some sound isolating earbuds. Walmart has some for like $20 or so. I have the same pipe and I use these head phones especially on really long rides not just for the music, but to block out the constant exhaust note. It's loud enough to make my ears ring after a few hours of riding.

trxwannbe
12-11-2007, 07:26 AM
walmart and most other stores carry a set of sony headphones that have the larger ear piece like a regular set but have a piece of plastic that goes around your ear i use them and they work very well i'll try to find a link

JessetheKid
12-11-2007, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by 440challenger
i have a feeling if i was listening to music while ridding i would be trying really stupid things.... I used to do that on the street bike and i couldnt keep the front wheel down. Not a good mix

haha thats the same exact thing i was thinking

redexrider4290
12-11-2007, 10:00 AM
i use the headphones that go in your ear and rap around they work pretty good

glamiskid395
12-13-2007, 12:06 AM
well this sucks
got my 30gb ipod video stolen today so now im stuck with a shuffle and 3000 songs that dont fit on it. and the worse thing is, i know who took it!

hardtrailz400
12-13-2007, 06:14 AM
If you know who took it, whats the problem. There are bullshhit (legal) ways to get it back or you can let the person bleed while you walk away with your ipod.

Beat them down, get it back, and piss on their face for being stupid and a thief.

416exfreak
12-13-2007, 01:25 PM
I use some Sony in ear headphones and my 2gig nano.

I usually just listen to some Lamb of God, Hatebreed, NeverMore, Heaven Shall Burn, As Blood Runs Black and Pantera when im riding.:devil:

glamiskid395
12-13-2007, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by hardtrailz400
If you know who took it, whats the problem. There are bullshhit (legal) ways to get it back or you can let the person bleed while you walk away with your ipod.

Beat them down, get it back, and piss on their face for being stupid and a thief.

if was able to carry around my 44 mag with 6 inch barrel then i would go get it back.

the thing is, i found the ipod a few months back so it was kharma (sp?) i guess...

gonna try out that site that gives out free ipods.
http://ipods.freepay.com/?r=41885935
is it legite?^^

416exfreak
12-14-2007, 12:46 PM
I wouldnt do it. I just went through a few steps of it. They require a credit card to validate all of them. No way in hell I would put my credit card # on the internet.:o

glamiskid395
12-14-2007, 03:45 PM
i never had to enter a credit card number...
if i did i wouldnt do it!

i found out that this site was shown on the news when it first started. they said it was legite? :eek:

07250ex
12-14-2007, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by glamiskid395
if was able to carry around my 44 mag with 6 inch barrel then i would go get it back.

the thing is, i found the ipod a few months back so it was kharma (sp?) i guess...

gonna try out that site that gives out free ipods.
http://ipods.freepay.com/?r=41885935
is it legite?^^

no "free hundred dollar object" websites are legit

07250ex
12-14-2007, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by DF400ex
Yeah I gata be careful what I listen to. If I play the same stuff we listen to before we go on mission (here in Iraq) then I'll definitely get a little too crazy and prolly hurt myself, lol.

what songs i wanna hear some and get pumped up =]