View Full Version : homemade hood scoop?

crashinmatt
11-10-2002, 07:55 AM
ok, i know i can buy a hood scoop for my 400, but i wanted to make my own, cuz i like doin things myself. heres my idea. i was thinkin of cuttin the hole, but only on the front and sides. then liftin the piece up and puttin extra pieces along the sides. that way it would look like it is part of the front fenders and not an add-on. i know how to get the plastic to melt together and make it look nice, i was just wonderin ur guys opinion on the whole idea? and if it dont work or i mess up then i could always just buy one. by the way this is on maier black.

crashinmatt
11-10-2002, 09:12 AM
any opinions?

TheX1992
11-10-2002, 09:34 AM
the only problem i see is when you bend plastic it leaves that white crease where it bents. so at the base of the scoop or back there would be a white line and i dont think its to easy to get rid of. other than that knock yourself out, you can always pick up another nose for like 20 bucks if it doesnt work out

crashinmatt
11-10-2002, 10:51 AM
if i do it, im gonna heat it up first. ive tried little things already just as a test, plus to make sure it would hold up. im just not totally sure i want to cut the plastic just in case i mess up. but if i do it i will post pics of the final job.