PDA

View Full Version : just got myself one

z400guy21
12-09-2007, 03:28 PM
i got a 02 shee with fmfs ac bumper and holeshots all around...

question!- my thumb throttle is stiff as hell what can i do about it? or are there any i Can buy not so stressfull?

next- if i buy stock yfz shocks what modifacations do i have to do to put them on also what if i put on +2 aarms

97blaster200
12-09-2007, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by z400guy21
i got a 02 shee with fmfs ac bumper and holeshots all around...

question!- my thumb throttle is stiff as hell what can i do about it? or are there any i Can buy not so stressfull?

next- if i buy stock yfz shocks what modifacations do i have to do to put them on also what if i put on +2 aarms

the throttle is so stiff because of the throttle override system (T.O.R.S.) you need to buy the tors removal kit from your local dealer or on ebay or from on this site if you can find one.

bloodmoney23
12-09-2007, 07:02 PM
there is a motion pro twist throttle kit with the tors eliminator kit for liek 60$ on the motion pro website. Gets rid of the sore thumb all together and is easier to twist.

250ex2003
12-09-2007, 07:57 PM
I run the twist on mine. I think the thumb throttles are good for hand cramps when your riding for an extended time. If your used to a twist then switch it you'll be glad. Some people prefer the thumb but its whatever your comfortable with.

bloodmoney23
12-10-2007, 09:57 AM
hey z, rajuncajun is the guy you wanna talk to about the yfz shocks. The shocks should mount right up. but he was saying how the a-arms pretty much basically blow so just do the shocks

Dinner
12-14-2007, 01:01 PM
If your Banshee has the TORS on it, then yes getting the eliminator kit will help. Or if you are running the kit already and just carbs. You can cut the spring shorter (by little pieces at a time!) to where you find it comfortable, and to where it still snaps throttle back closed.

Also for YFZ shocks to fit onto your Banshee suspension, some cutting/grinding it required in order to allow them to fit properly. I forget how much needs to be taken away, but it isn't that hard or much work to do.