PDA

View Full Version : steering stem

edub450
12-09-2007, 03:15 PM
ok i have a few questions for you guys. i put my nerf bars on and it feels like i stand up higher on the bike. so i find myself bending over more when i grab the bars. my steering stem is bent so i need a new one. so would a +1 or +2 help that and also would it be to high when i set down. My other question is i am going to get a-arms soon i am thinking of the houser xc a-arms. if i would get my shocks redone will it be ok or should i get new ones. i am trying to save some cash

topdollr
12-09-2007, 03:52 PM
who's nerfs did you put on?

rider250ex
12-09-2007, 04:32 PM
I have a +1 fuelatv stem with rath propegs and its really comfortable. Im 6'1". You could get your stock shocks rebuilt for standard travel a-arms, but it would be a much better ride if you got some aftermarket. Look into a Motowoz/smc set up.

edub450
12-09-2007, 05:03 PM
i put on pro armor fat peg nerf bars. they are freaking sweet by the way but a pain to put on..... i am 6'1" also, i went for about a four hour ride and it just felt wrong. where is a good place to buy shocks at? and if anyone knows where a houser +1 steering stem or Houser XC a-arms are let me know.

rider250ex
12-09-2007, 05:21 PM
call up jim at motowoz. 763-390-9549 for shocks

QUADROOKIE
12-09-2007, 07:13 PM
If you are going to be a serious racer, then you will want aftermarket shocks. But for the average racer or trailrider, re-worked stockers are perfect. Get ahold of Colby @ C&D racing(site sponsor) I believe it was like 700 bucks to re work your stock shocks and he really knows what he is doing as well as anyone in the business.

edub450
12-10-2007, 05:58 PM
i am not really going to be doing any racing maybe some hare scrambles. mostly i ride trails, strip mines, tracks that my friends have, and climb high walls. but i want is better steering out of my quad and housers xc +.75 a-arms say they work good with stock shocks. i kinda want to save some cash. another question is if i get my shocks redone for my stock a-arms will i have to get them redone for the houser a-arms?

QUADROOKIE
12-10-2007, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by edub450
i am not really going to be doing any racing maybe some hare scrambles. mostly i ride trails, strip mines, tracks that my friends have, and climb high walls. but i want is better steering out of my quad and housers xc +.75 a-arms say they work good with stock shocks. i kinda want to save some cash. another question is if i get my shocks redone for my stock a-arms will i have to get them redone for the houser a-arms?
If it were me, I would stay with the stock arms and spend the cash on a precision steering stabilizer. That will help witht he steering on the KFX more than anything since it is so twitchy. The stock arms with C&D rebuilds will handle awesome. Shoot Colby an email and I bet he will tell you the same thing.