PDA

View Full Version : DS450 ride report with lots of pics!!!!

scottwvu
12-08-2007, 07:34 AM
This was posted on another forum. I hope you don't have to register to view......http://www.predatorowners.com/index.cfm?action=thread&catid=1&topid=11&thrid=44640

scottwvu
12-08-2007, 07:35 AM
Oh yeah!!!! Scroll down to see the pics!!

LTR450_#67
12-08-2007, 09:52 AM
I'm guessing they didn't do the wire mod........?

Punk'd
12-08-2007, 11:50 PM
Yeah, I can't see the pictures.

I registered at 6pm and have yet to get a confirmation email (Its 1:00am) :rolleyes:

scottwvu
12-09-2007, 06:49 AM
It was really tricky for me to register as well. They have a lot of info about the KTM 525 motor, that's why I went there at first.

Punk'd
12-09-2007, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by scottwvu
It was really tricky for me to register as well. They have a lot of info about the KTM 525 motor, that's why I went there at first.

Yeah still havent got the email:confused:

I want to see pics:blah:

coryatver
12-09-2007, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Punk'd

I want to see pics:blah:

check your junk mail thats where mine went.

How does a guy in the United Arab Emirates get one before us?:huh

TWISTED DINLI
12-09-2007, 12:34 PM

i still havnt got mine yet and it was like 5 pm yesterday when i signed up:confused:

coryatver
12-09-2007, 12:40 PM
Read what i posted it gets filtered in the junk mail folder. Check your junk mail. I got mine instantly but it went to the junk mail

TWISTED DINLI
12-09-2007, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by coryatver
Read what i posted it gets filtered in the junk mail folder. Check your junk mail. I got mine instantly but it went to the junk mail

i saw what you posted its not in there

coryatver
12-09-2007, 03:31 PM
your e-mail might have an automatic junk mail filter. Try a e-mail at a different account.

TWISTED DINLI
12-09-2007, 03:36 PM
your e-mail might have an automatic junk mail filter. Try a e-mail at a different account.

i tried both my e-mails and both have a junk file so it dont automaticly erase it. but oh well.

Can someone save the pics to there computer and then come in here and post them?

Jersey450R
12-09-2007, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by TWISTED DINLI
i tried both my e-mails and both have a junk file so it dont automaticly erase it. but oh well.

Can someone save the pics to there computer and then come in here and post them?

thats what i was going to say :confused:

coryatver
12-09-2007, 04:25 PM

coryatver
12-09-2007, 04:25 PM

coryatver
12-09-2007, 04:30 PM
Subject: First go on the DS450

Was at the dealer this afternoon and asked the dealer, "wheres this 450 at?" He originally said end of August, then September..... and it was ready to ship 3 weeks ago. Well, as we stood there talking a delivery truck showed up and guess what was on it...the DS450! Pretty awesome timing on my part!

First impressions:

-Bigger than I thought
-Sits a bit higher than I thought it would
-You can really see the engineering that went into it
-A better fit for me than the other 450's (minus the LTR, maybe)
-Kind of feels like I am sitting on it rather than part of it
-LIGHT as hell!!
-Rear tires look small (20-11-9)
-Motor looks really small

We uncrated it did a quick PDI, and started breaking her in good! We only got to ride it pretty much around the block and up and down the road. But we all took turns breaking her in. The power felt nice and rolled on nicely. I have rode all the 450's (minus the KTM and Outlaw) and stock this seems the nicest stock, literally out of the box.

We are going to take her to the desert this Friday and see what it can do. I will have a better ride report, with some actual riding, and pics then.

Chris

**Chris**

04 DS650 BajaX (The BUS) - HPR 46mm Lectron, HPR Ported Intake, HPR Billet End Cap, JE 13:1, Web 109 Cams, Web Shim Unders, ODP High Flow Water Pump, NGK Iridium Plugs, Barnett Clutch, DYNA FS, EHS Airbox Lid, Twin Air PowerFlow/NoToil Intake, Shell ADVANCE ULTRA 4 15W-50 Full Syn Oil, ESR in-line temp gauge, 20 fin in-line cooler, AC Racing Pro Peg BlackLine Nerfs, AC SwingArm Skid, ODI Rogue Grips, Cycra Pro-Bend Flexx bars, Big F'N Rad Scoops, Suspension by MOTOWOZ, Kenda K548F Sport Utility - front, K549 Sport Utility - rear, ITP T-9 190's Powder Coated Black, HelmetCamera.com Helmet Cam

Thunder Alley Pipe on the way!

DMX Baja Series Pro Quad Class - #101

coryatver
12-09-2007, 04:32 PM
\
I will go get some pics tomorrow. Definitely interesting to look at how they engineered it, and the new technology.

To race, defiantly gonna have to be wider. The stock suspension, I feel, is like the Renegades. Good for the average Joe rec rider, but any racer is gonna find the limit of them quick. That is just from riding it up and down the road. This is the regular DS450, not the X. Just this one that the dealer airlifted over from BRP.

The dealer was saying the delay in the 450 was due to the assembly line. The 450 and the Spyder are made on the same line/facility, and the Spyder was having problems, so it slowed production down. I take him at his word as he spends just as much time in Canada and BRP shows as he does here.

We shall see come Friday.

Chris

coryatver
12-09-2007, 04:33 PM
are any of you guys pissed some dealer on the other side of the world got one and you guys are still waiting haha

coryatver
12-09-2007, 04:34 PM
Ok, back from a day of riding and promoting.

First off I am not the typical 450 rider (6'2" - 250 = Husky), and this DS450 was bone stock brand new with around 2 hours on it.

The riding was all dune and the sand was super loose/churned up. After a little more seat time, the bike is way to small for me. The suspension was quite stiff for duning. The bike loves to be revved, and hates to be lugged. The power rolls on nice and smooth. As long as you stayed in the top part of the rev band it pretty much went up everything we wanted. Actaully quit surprised at the traction the stock Holshot SR's had in the sand.

This thing is an AWESOME jumper. Doesnt even feel like the bike is under you. Kind of like haveing a BMX bike under ya. Responds great to input in the air. Defiantly alot nicer than the bus moving through the air!

The DS handles really nice, but needs to be wider. Sits at 46" stock. Alot of people have complain about the steering. I actually like it. Mabey due to the my DS's steering is kind of the same. It is razor sharp with inputs. Front end always feels light. One thing that kept ticking me off was if you stalled it it didnt want to start back up easily for some reason. Had to let it sit for a few minutes. We are going to look at this next week.

Like I said, I'm not a 450 rider so this bike is not for me. All of the "larger" guys that rode didnt like it that much either. The smaller, typical 450 riders, seemed to warm up to it a bit better. It is kind of hard to impress people with a 100% stock machine when they roll up on a built YFZ, LTR, Raptor or any other quad with mods.

The kid that was there with his LTR loved it! Everyones tickle button is slightly different.

Chris

coryatver
12-09-2007, 04:35 PM
this stinks how you have to have text to attach a picture and wait 30 seconds in between

TWISTED DINLI
12-09-2007, 04:36 PM
yeup lol it sure does. is there more?

coryatver
12-09-2007, 04:38 PM
there is another one but it says it is to big let me see if i can resize it

coryatver
12-09-2007, 04:40 PM
and i am posting different pictures but the same one is coming up

coryatver
12-09-2007, 04:49 PM
motor

12-09-2007, 05:04 PM
its nothing special:o

Punk'd
12-09-2007, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by ktm 525xc 696

Either is that KTM:o

Dan_Guetter
12-09-2007, 07:24 PM
We will have a ride report for you guys soon :)

Dan_Guetter
12-09-2007, 07:26 PM
Either is that KTM:o

I just rode the KTM 525 today....and Punk is right...

Nothing special

Punk'd
12-09-2007, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Shift_DVS
We will have a ride report for you guys soon :)

Sweet Shift.. Looking foward to that report:)

scottwvu
12-10-2007, 07:18 AM
He said: jmthesymbol4cubic$
User
TLD Predator Owner

Member No. 2328

did any sheiks get there sheet caught in the chain

LMAO!!!! For real, I wonder how they got one before we did???
Must be all that oil money......
:rolleyes:

scottwvu
12-10-2007, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by ktm 525xc 696

I challenge you to find a better engineered, more state-of-the-art quad out there.

My dealer (Swampfox Motor Sports in Beckley, West Virginia) said it would be mid-January before they get one, and he had no 'effin idea how the UAE got one first. Like I said, oil money.....

bwamos
12-10-2007, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by scottwvu
I challenge you to find a better engineered, more state-of-the-art quad out there.

My dealer (Swampfox Motor Sports in Beckley, West Virginia) said it would be mid-January before they get one, and he had no 'effin idea how the UAB got one first. Like I said, oil money.....

LoL, at first I was thinking you were replying to the comments about KTM being nothing special, either. I was about to point out the LT250R era front end geometry. ;)

Then I realized you were talking about the DS450. And, I got nothin.. lol.

african rider
12-10-2007, 04:39 PM
hi guys, im from israel and weve got one already five weeks at the local dealer.

16 bike's will arrive this thursday and my X will arrive on 7th january.

i will update you guys with some pictures before the weekend.

coryatver
12-10-2007, 05:05 PM
How long does it take to ship stuff from canada to the us???:o

katch26
12-10-2007, 05:15 PM
How long does it take to ship stuff from canada to the us???:o
apparently 2-3 months because it has to go to the middle east first.:p The guy with the UAE ds450 is because they are part of a can am race team