PDA

View Full Version : Where is the jet? Hmf pipe?

Crazy lil punk
12-07-2007, 06:15 PM
Can show me where the jetts are located on a 2004 yfz450? And will I need to re-jet with an hmf slip on?

Titanium
12-09-2007, 10:57 AM
the jets are located inside the bowl of your carburetor

Simon MX49
12-13-2007, 07:11 AM
Loosen up the 2 allen head clamps on the right side attached to the motor, and the one phillips on the air box. Twist the carb so it faces to the left. Take the 4 bolts on the bottom of the float out, but be :uhoh: VERY :uhoh: careful when doing this because the bolts are aluminum and strip out VERY EASY. Pull it out slowly, make sure you drain the float first unless you want a shower in 93. The jets are a copperish color. Twist them out with a small straight slot screwdriver. Put the new ones in, spray out the bowl and the jets and stuff with some carb cleaner to make sure there's no left over dirt and stuff. Put it all back together, and again, be VERY careful with the screws on the bowl. If you do happen to strip them out, Lowes is the place to go. Look in the aisle with the parts droors, they've got some that have always given me a lot less headache. Slide it back to Center, tighten everything up, turn the gas on, and start it up. If your jetting isnt right on, you should be good on knowing how to change it. :D

250r4life
12-13-2007, 09:26 AM
i dont know about lowes...

the 1st time i get into the carb on any of my bikes, i go to ace and get alan headed screws to put in the float bowl...

Simon MX49
12-14-2007, 08:47 AM
The drawers at Lowes have everything. I always get the straight slotted heads, and I've never had a problem with them