PDA

View Full Version : New Boots

RideRed84
12-07-2007, 04:44 PM
I just recieved a pair of alpinestars tech 3's from my girlfriend for an early christmas present. I love them. They look sweet, match my pants, and feel good. My question is about how long does it take to break them in where it's not so difficult to shift?

KXRida
12-08-2007, 10:48 AM
Just keep wearing them. I got my tech 8's 2 years ago and I wore them around the house for like a week in winter haha.

RideRed84
12-08-2007, 12:25 PM
Ha, yeah I'm doin the same thing

my88r
12-08-2007, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by RideRed84
Ha, yeah I'm doin the same thing

usually one ride. but make sure you can get your boot up to shift.lol:p

NJ450rider
12-08-2007, 06:35 PM
Thats why i love my astar vectors sooooo much. They were comfy the first day since new. There like wearing regular boots almost. Not uncomfortable at all. Its a shame they stopped making them. The astar tech 3's are what replaced them. I think if i ever need new boots itll be astar tech 7's. Considering there designed after tech 10's and half the price i think there the best deal going for astar boots.

JOEX
12-08-2007, 06:38 PM
Is this you first time wearing 'real' riding boots?

ZeroLogic
12-08-2007, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by my88r
usually one ride. but make sure you can get your boot up to shift.lol:p

Yea I had the same problem with my Tech 3s and my bike. It took a while to figure how to really use the boots.:p

JOEX
12-08-2007, 07:04 PM
Yea... for me it was more about getting used to the boot, not the boot 'breaking in'. When I finally got a pair of riding boots I thought my tranny was going out.:p Every time i'd hit a small jump the quad would shift gears or half shift inbetween. Once I adjusted the shift lever everything was fine.

my88r
12-08-2007, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
Yea... for me it was more about getting used to the boot, not the boot 'breaking in'. When I finally got a pair of riding boots I thought my tranny was going out.:p Every time i'd hit a small jump the quad would shift gears or half shift inbetween. Once I adjusted the shift lever everything was fine.

lol, i know that feeling.

RideRed84
12-08-2007, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
Is this you first time wearing 'real' riding boots?
No I've been riding with a pair of oversized fox boots. I was able to do ok getting used to them after 1 ride but they were broken in and my a-stars are just super shiff.