PDA

View Full Version : Anyone try the new ITP Sport DuneStar

red_rider38
12-07-2007, 12:04 PM
http://www.itptires.com/images/dunestarnov07.jpg
I know this tires were being used on utv and utility quads. Does anyone how work with sport atvs. I've tried the ITP Sand Star, Kenda Gecko, and GBC Sand Devil. I liked the Gecko's the least. The Sand Star turned great and offered good bite. The Sand Devils [being straight paddles] offered the best traction, but I have a hard time turning. I wonder if this Sport DuneStar with be a compromise between Sand Star and straight paddles. Anyone got any reviews on sport atvs?

GPracer2500
12-11-2007, 10:57 AM
Dunno. Looks awfully gimmicky to me.

And BTW, everyone likes Geckos the least. :p It just isn't a very good tire.

cbrooks118
12-11-2007, 12:15 PM
I saw those tires on a new grizzly at LS a couple weeks ago, he seemed to be getting along just fine. Not a noticeable roost though, but what do you expect from a utulity... They might be ok for the kfx700 though.

trx400EXtreme
12-11-2007, 12:32 PM
they look like somthing that would work good on a 4x4 IMO.

Big - D Racing
12-17-2007, 01:41 AM
I don't think I would try them on a regular sport quad. The fronts are going to cause more resistance on the ground. Your engine will have to work harder to move them. They also look a lot heavier which is never a good thing with sand tires. You want to know why Haulers are the best, because they are the lightest. Your motor is strainded in the sand and you don't want to add more to it by running heavy paddles. I have ran a lot of paddles fav's are haulers and also like the Maxxis Straight blade roosters. best all around skat trak II's or sandstars. the fronts what ever is the lightest, you don't need tread to get around. it'll actually slow you down. get a front tire that will folat on top of the sand!