PDA

View Full Version : ps3 broke

m.h.s.c.#527
12-06-2007, 08:09 PM
ps3 usb hubs

well i finally fd up my ps3. i dont know how i did it but i pushed my usb cord in wrong i guess an one of the connector plates pushe back but i do it always slow easy and straight and i trried the thing on three hubs it wouldnt take a charge so i looked at them and sure enough. i called sony they said theyd look at it and he said the guy would look at it and deem it wether or not its under warrnty if not its $150.00 im so sick Ermm

Ralph
12-06-2007, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by m.h.s.c.#527
ps3 usb hubs

well i finally fd up my ps3. i dont know how i did it but i pushed my usb cord in wrong i guess an one of the connector plates pushe back but i do it always slow easy and straight and i trried the thing on three hubs it wouldnt take a charge so i looked at them and sure enough. i called sony they said theyd look at it and he said the guy would look at it and deem it wether or not its under warrnty if not its $150.00 im so sick Ermm

So none of the ports work? Chances are if you used excessive force and broke the actualy connectors inside they will not warranty it for free.

It really sucks but $150 isnt as bad as having to buy a new console... atleast you didnt waste 250 on a WII :)

Post a picture or better explain what exactly broke.

Heres something you could try:

If you call them again and determine it is not under warranty, tell them that you cannot justigy paying $150 to have it fixed (the option will always be there later); then, tell them it would be in their best interest for them to fix it for free. Tell them its because sony lost money selling you the console, and if you have a broken ps3 it means you wont be buying anymore games meaning sony will never make their loss back on the console. Say, fixing this ps3 will cost them relatively nothing. Finish off by saying if they care about the company they will do the right thing.

Its definatly worth a shot and if it doesnt work then you can always pay $150 and have it fixed. Make sure you do this before you send it in because once the ps3 has been examied by a tech and determined to be not under warranty the people on the support line cant do very much.

If you need an extra push say: "You wouldnt want to have another 'Dusty PS3' fiasco". They will know what you mean by it :) .

mineralgrey01gt
12-06-2007, 08:35 PM
hey at least its not like the 360 guys

m.h.s.c.#527
12-06-2007, 08:42 PM
see i think i had a faulty wire ive always had a pc and used ports and my dad always taught me to never force it in and always go in straight and i did but it got shoved back the top is where the connectors are the bottom is where its at but the thing of it is it only lets you put it so far back so i think it was installed wrong or mismanufactured

Ralph
12-06-2007, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by mineralgrey01gt
hey at least its not like the 360 guys

Seriously, i would never buy one only because they break so much. PS3's failure rate is < 1%

Ralph
12-06-2007, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by m.h.s.c.#527
see i think i had a faulty wire ive always had a pc and used ports and my dad always taught me to never force it in and always go in straight and i did but it got shoved back the top is where the connectors are the bottom is where its at but the thing of it is it only lets you put it so far back so i think it was installed wrong or mismanufactured

Im having a hard time understanding what broke.

If you think it wasnt your fault then you might have a good chance at getting it replaced for free. Tell them that you have used USB ports for years and you know how to properly use them. Like i said, make sure you mention the ruckus the "Dusty PS3" caused and tell em you know they dont want something like that happening again. (Last resort, you dont wanna sound like a jerk)

Make sure to be polite. Also, i hope you have a receipt, otherwise your best bet is telling them it was a gift.

----------------------------

YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT THE ACTUAL PORTS ON THE PS3 NOT THE WIRE CONNECTING THE PS3 TO THE CONTROLLER RIGHT?

m.h.s.c.#527
12-06-2007, 09:06 PM
yes actually in the console

Cr85rRida
12-06-2007, 09:46 PM
cough

nintendo wii pwns

cough

:chinese: :chinese: :macho :D

Pitty
12-07-2007, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by Ralph
Seriously, i would never buy one only because they break so much. PS3's failure rate is < 1%

Well your missing out. My launch 360 has never broken.

Plus of all the issues I've heard, MS will cover it under warranty.

MS's warranty coverage is second to none.

killroy
12-07-2007, 08:37 AM
my launch console 360 just fried last week. I sent it off and they sent me a brand new one that I received today that shouldnt break anymore. They paid for shipping and everything both ways!

Ralph
12-07-2007, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by Pitty
Well your missing out. My launch 360 has never broken.

Plus of all the issues I've heard, MS will cover it under warranty.

MS's warranty coverage is second to none.

The extended warranty will only cover the Red ring of death. It does not cover the dvd drive problems they had and some of the other issues. The thing is not built to last.

Im not missing out on anything with the ps3. its got every franchise i want. Socom, god of war, gran turismo, metal gear solid plus all the multiplatform games i might want. It also handles all my multi-media way better than the xbox could dream of.

12-07-2007, 03:15 PM
i'll agree that my ps3 is worlds ahead of the 360. i have never liked anything about either xbox...and i don't think i ever will.

i also love my wii...as does my wife and daughter...i can finally get them to play some video games with me. the wii is a great family system...so ralph, why was the 260 i paid for the wii a waste? :cool:

Ralph
12-07-2007, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by speedyquad
i'll agree that my ps3 is worlds ahead of the 360. i have never liked anything about either xbox...and i don't think i ever will.

i also love my wii...as does my wife and daughter...i can finally get them to play some video games with me. the wii is a great family system...so ralph, why was the 260 i paid for the wii a waste? :cool:

touche'

You hit the nail on the head. its a social system that anyone can enjoy every now and then but its not something that pleases most of the "hardcore" gamers that are into HD, real physics, and stereo sound :p

Pitty
12-07-2007, 07:27 PM
touche'

You hit the nail on the head. its a social system that anyone can enjoy every now and then but its not something that pleases most of the "hardcore" gamers that are into HD, real physics, and stereo sound :p

You do realise the 360 does those as well?

You're telling me your better off sitting around waiting for these titles
Socom, god of war, gran turismo, metal gear solid than if you'd owned a 360 and already played all the great 360 titles out their???

plus all the multiplatform games i might want It's widely known that currently the 360 multiplatform games perform better than the PS3. So that's a minus point.

And incase you didn't know, the 360 can stream content from your PC, Divx and Xvid is now supported.

Sure a PS3 is good, but so is a 360. It's ignorant to think either is not going to be a hardcore gaming experience.

12-07-2007, 09:52 PM
the 360 games are equal to or very slighly better for now as the 360 designers have tapped out the system ability. the ps3 designers are just getting started. a blue ray disc can hold a lot more than a hd disc

Pitty
12-07-2007, 11:00 PM
the 360 games are equal to or very slighly better for now as the 360 designers have tapped out the system ability. the ps3 designers are just getting started. a blue ray disc can hold a lot more than a hd disc

That's such an absurd statement, so much so that I'm not going to bother arguing as you will see for yourself that both the systems best is yet to come. But go ahead and backup your claim, post anything from a reputable source that says the 360 will not see improvement.

As for Media storage. What improvement do you think this will make. If you like games with pre-rendered videos then fine it's a plus. But the seek times on the Blue Ray is slower, meaning longer loading times. To get around this they use uncompressed files and duplicate data on the Blue Ray so that it can access the data on different parts of the disk to save time.
On the other hand the 360 still has a card it hasn't played. It can have it's data compressed even more if required, and cached onto the HDD like the PS3.

Take this advice. Don't buy a console for the future. By the time Blu ray is an advantage the average PC will be far and away better, and the third Xbox will be out.

Of course saying that, the PS3 is good and their is nothing wrong about liking it. It's the statements from you guys that is. Don't talk BS just so you feel better about your purchase.

12-08-2007, 04:52 AM
you are not going to argue with me, but what did you do? argue with me...i hate the xbox....simple as that...nothing you could say could ever make me buy one...and you couldn't even give me one...i have not been impressed at all with anything on it...

i am not saying the 360 is tapped out completely, but it is close, it has been out for 2 years now and there are no ground breaking games games coming for it are there...i really can't say because i don't read gamer mags and look at gamer sights and i def. don't follow the 360.

i hate using a pc as a game system so that is a wash for me...and spending 3 grand for a gaming computer is not justifiable in my book

just wait, you will see that the ps3 games will better the 360 games...and why not buy for the future? it makes sense so that you don't get passed up technologically...

by the way, i don't like/can't play 1st person shooters, they give me a headache after 2 or 3 minutes.

MOFO
12-08-2007, 06:45 AM

just wait, you will see that the ps3 games will better the 360 games...

I don't own either and don't plan on owning either...

However, I have been hearing this statement since last year during its launch. "PS3 has better hardware, just wait for the programmers to catch up"... well, its been a year, how much longer do they need????

Like someone pointed out, don't buy a system based on the fact that you want it to last 5 years (hardware spec's) - it will never happen.

<DRS>GPF
12-08-2007, 06:50 AM
mmm.... console wars...

im against the PS3 only because they treated their largest consumer market(good ol USA) like a step child..
we were last in line because they wanted it that way and they can shove their box way up their rice filled @$$..

its more expensive and has less capability out of the box for even $$..

sony and their sad attempt to shove blue ray down our throat at a cost to the consumer.

just one more reason to "slap a jap"..

BTW.. only cash heavy idiots pay $3000 for a computer..
my $500 PC will far outperform any console and i have endless higher capabilities and possibilities.. games can be much more complex on a PC, so there isnt any real comparison.

JIMFROMTEXCO
12-08-2007, 07:43 AM
I PERSONALLY CANT STAND THE AWKWARD CONTROLLERS OF THE XBOX.
you can watch divx and xvid on the ps3 you have to install another OS tho.
blu ray has better graphics then HD. you can fit like 50gigs on a blu ray were a hd dvd holds like 15GB

i like my ps3 i got it cheap :D 350 bucks with 2 controller and 3 games. its a 60 gig

Ralph
12-08-2007, 06:53 PM

On the other hand the 360 still has a card it hasn't played. It can have it's data compressed even more if required, and cached onto the HDD like the PS3.

Developers cannot rely on that feature cause not every 360 came with a hdd.

Ralph
12-08-2007, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
I don't own either and don't plan on owning either...

However, I have been hearing this statement since last year during its launch. "PS3 has better hardware, just wait for the programmers to catch up"... well, its been a year, how much longer do they need????

Like someone pointed out, don't buy a system based on the fact that you want it to last 5 years (hardware spec's) - it will never happen.

They did, CoD4 is said to look and play the same on both systems. Newer games coming out some reviewers are saying the ps3 version has better colors etc.

Why cant a system last 5 years? Even if it becomes a little outdated but the fact that alot of people i know still play their ps2 and the ps2 is still selling extremly well proves you wrong right there. I know i will enjoy my ps3 for many years to come.

Ralph
12-08-2007, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by <DRS>GPF

its more expensive and has less capability out of the box for even $$..

Rechargable wireless controllers, bluetooth, blue ray, web brower, linux, free online, included HDD, support for universal headsets, support for any HDD's.

These are all things that 360 doesnt haven/and or charges way more for. How does it have less capability?

Ralph
12-08-2007, 07:16 PM
You're telling me your better off sitting around waiting for these titles than if you'd owned a 360 and already played all the great 360 titles out their???

It's widely known that currently the 360 multiplatform games perform better than the PS3. So that's a minus point.

And incase you didn't know, the 360 can stream content from your PC, Divx and Xvid is now supported.

The only 360 titles ive wanted to play are gears, bioshock and halo3 on a good night. Ive been able to suppress those urges at friends houses. But you know what the best part is, none of those developers are exclusive to the 360 and any of them can bring their talent to the ps3.

(The people who made gears are about to finish up Unreal tournament exclusively for the ps3 and pc. As of right now its not going to the 360 because its "better" online system (xbox live) does not let them do what they want.)

So far ive been able to enjoy Ratchet and clank, heavenly sword, uncharted, resistance. so i havent had to do much waiting.

And yes, the 360 can stream from the pc, but its way harder to set up compared to the ps3 and isnt nearly as compatible. The ps3 uses DNLA streaming which is the standard of its type and you dont have to do anything special to set it up. Very easy. You can also stream just about any type of video file and covert it on the fly using tversity.

DIVX Support has also been announced for the ps3.

Im just stating my opinion, The ps3 is the right choice for me and ive done alot of research before making my purchase

Pitty
12-08-2007, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by JIMFROMTEXCO

blu ray has better graphics then HD. you can fit like 50gigs on a blu ray were a hd dvd holds like 15GB

Media storage has nothing to do with graphics, and DVD does not mean the game is not HD. HD DVD can hold 30GB's, but then it doesn't matter as 360 games come on DVD.

Pitty
12-08-2007, 08:41 PM
Developers cannot rely on that feature cause not every 360 came with a hdd.
Some games already require a HDD. The amount of 360 users with a HDD still dwarf's the number of Ps3 owners.

The only 360 titles ive wanted to play are gears, bioshock and halo3 on a good night. Ive been able to suppress those urges at friends houses. But you know what the best part is, none of those developers are exclusive to the 360 and any of them can bring their talent to the ps3.

(The people who made gears are about to finish up Unreal tournament exclusively for the ps3 and pc. As of right now its not going to the 360 because its "better" online system (xbox live) does not let them do what they want.)

But the same can be said of the Ps3, alot of the big exlusive thrid party Ps2 games are coming to the Xbox now. The reason is the 360 has a much greater market share.

And yes, the 360 can stream from the pc, but its way harder to set up compared to the ps3 and isnt nearly as compatible. The ps3 uses DNLA streaming which is the standard of its type and you dont have to do anything special to set it up. Very easy. You can also stream just about any type of video file and covert it on the fly using tversity. Obviously you did not realise Tversity works the same on the 360, but it's obsolete now. With the 360 it's as easy as choosing Pc on the dashboard and choosing a file to play, and Divx and Xvid is now included with the new dashboard.

DIVX Support has also been announced for the ps3.

Im just stating my opinion, The ps3 is the right choice for me and ive done alot of research before making my purchase [/B]

Nothing wrong with stating your opinion, but you have been stating mis-truths and that's annoying.

To the poster who picked up on the fact I said I wouldn't argue, well I changed my mind. It's a pet hate of mine when people say hardcore gamers only choose (insert system here). What defines a hardcore gamer? And how could it possibly be exclusive to one platform?

If you hate a system, that's fine. Say you hate it for no real factual reason other than you simply don't want to like it. It's how people cope with the endless options we have in life, sometimes we choose something and stick with it, it help's make feel better about our choice.

12-08-2007, 08:52 PM
I also do not understand why the one guy said a wii is a waste becuase I have a 360 and a wii and I would never buy a ps3 just becuase the one I played had worse graphics then my 360 and they were both on the same tvs and the 360 also has better games like gears of war and stuff and the wii is cool to play with any age level.

Ralph
12-09-2007, 02:06 AM
Nothing wrong with stating your opinion, but you have been stating mis-truths and that's annoying.
[/B]

What "mis-thruths" have i said?

Pitty
12-09-2007, 03:22 AM
What "mis-thruths" have i said?

sigh

You hit the nail on the head. its a social system that anyone can enjoy every now and then but its not something that pleases most of the "hardcore" gamers that are into HD, real physics, and stereo sound :p [/B] No, the 360 does those as well. And hardcore gamers also like the 360, Wii, PC, and Ps3.

And yes, the 360 can stream from the pc, but its way harder to set up compared to the ps3 and isnt nearly as compatible. The ps3 uses DNLA streaming which is the standard of its type and you dont have to do anything special to set it up. Very easy. You can also stream just about any type of video file and covert it on the fly using tversity.

The 360 is now as simple as plugging in the network cable and choosing a file from the pc.

This is getting old.

MOFO
12-09-2007, 07:36 AM
I can't help but to laugh - its a game system people! Nothing to get all worked up about!!! :D

You can always pick out discussions where people just want to justify their purchase and these PS3 vs 360 topic's always seem to represent that. :o

...just my humble opinion. ;)

12-09-2007, 09:21 AM
MOFO do you actually live in pittsburgh or around there?

MOFO
12-09-2007, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by RoadRidin450r
MOFO do you actually live in pittsburgh or around there?

Yes, about 10 minutes from downtown...

Ralph
12-09-2007, 04:42 PM
sigh
No, the 360 does those as well. And hardcore gamers also like the 360, Wii, PC, and Ps3.

Your not taking enough time reading posts. I was clearly talking about the Wii.. And i didnt say "harccore" gamers dont like them.

Im saying it doesnt do the things Hardcore games are all about.

Comparing a 360/PS3 a to the WIIs like comparing a 450r to a golf cart.

The whole family loves taking cruises on the golf cart and its alot of fun, its easy to use for anyone in the family. But saying the Golf Cart is better then a 450r is just absurd.

12-09-2007, 04:56 PM
Ohh cool mofo just askin becuase I live about 45 minutes south of there.

coryatver
12-11-2007, 10:18 AM
Every person I know that has a 360 has gotten the red rings of death even the one that bought the new elite edition. My one roomate has every console including the ps3 which has never broke. Probley becuase he never plays it becuase the games suck compared to xbox and he buys a new game every week. if they are on both consoles he gets the xbox version so he can have "accomplishments". He also has the wii but never plays it but we play it all the time when people come over and hang out. The wii is awesome. I would compare the wii more to a raptor 250 then a golf cart.