PDA

View Full Version : lets just say...

trx400EXtreme
12-06-2007, 07:49 PM
i bought some +2 wide +0 forward a arms on my 400ex. would it effect my handling (in a bad way) if i still ran the stock axle.... at least until i could get the money for a wider one?

BlaineKaiser450
12-06-2007, 09:07 PM
nope ive got +3 smc's on my 450 and had a stock axle for 1 ride and i could hardly notice it lol

trx400EXtreme
12-06-2007, 09:17 PM
alright cool. thanks.

bwamos
12-13-2007, 11:20 AM
Only thing I really notice is that it's a bit harder to powerslide than it is when you have a full width axle.

But that isn't always a bad thing.

Also when landing a jump if you come down w/ 1 side slightly lower than the other (when the front wheels come down just a fraction of a second later) sometimes the front will touch before the rear opposite. You can get an exagerated roll because your contact points aren't in a straight line. If that makes sense.

trx400EXtreme
12-13-2007, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by bwamos
Only thing I really notice is that it's a bit harder to powerslide than it is when you have a full width axle.

But that isn't always a bad thing.

Also when landing a jump if you come down w/ 1 side slightly lower than the other (when the front wheels come down just a fraction of a second later) sometimes the front will touch before the rear opposite. You can get an exagerated roll because your contact points aren't in a straight line. If that makes sense. yea i get what your saying. thanks.