PDA

View Full Version : Magazine bull....

B.Murphy73
12-06-2007, 06:45 PM
I purchased an 07 ltr 450 a few months ago.The day after i purchased it 3 of the main atv publications did right ups about how they had made 100 changes to upgrade this atv.With that said i brought my 07 back and got the 08.Waited a few months and had to pay for the exchange.Any way i called up suzuki to day because i was wondering about were all these changes went to and noticed that the mags had shown that atv with skidplates and some other stuff that i was not seeing on my quad.Suzuki says there are not 100 changes and that you cant beleive the magazines they are like the tabloids.And they have no control.Well if they had said a negative comment about this quad i am sure suzuki would have shut that right down.I have had suzuki quads since the 86 lt250 quad racer i still have a quadzilla and now will never buy another.Dont beleive the bull that these people throw at us it about money in the end.Mostly the kids that can hardely afford these quad and get jerked around.I do love my ltr450 but feel i was mislead by many sources and it will never happen again.

Fred55
12-06-2007, 07:55 PM
Id say that 100 is exaggerating a tad, the 2008 model is significantly upgraded, better cam profiles, better suspension settings, different rear tires, different ECU and EFI control parameters, anti vibe handlebar mounts, different exhaust..etc...

88 zilla
12-07-2007, 09:59 AM
I like how everyone blames the manufacturer for their own stupidity. Did you even compair the 07 and the 08 to make sure that you were buying what you wanted. I don't think that you are right by bashing the manufacturer for something you should have done before buying the merchandise. If you believe everything that is printed in a magazine then again that is your fault-NO ONE ELSES. Enjoy your new quad and realize that you have one of the best quads made this year and enjoy it.:D

Speed_MDS2
12-07-2007, 10:23 AM
You've got the hottest atv out right now and your complaining? I'll trade you my 06 front shocks for your 08's, atleast then you'll have something legit to complain about. Go ride the shyt out of that thing, have fun and quit dwellin a stupid DW article.

coryatver
12-07-2007, 11:45 AM
The 08 is supposed to be a lot better than the older ones. There probley was 100 changes they probley are just little things you can't even see but it all adds together. Yamaha advertised about 81 changes to the yfz a couple years ago and it looked exactly like the old model but it is a lot better.

B.Murphy73
12-07-2007, 06:07 PM
WHAT I AM SAYING IS THAT IF THE MAGAZINES HAD SAID THAT THEY HAD MADE THE LTR WORSE THIS YEAR SUZ WOULD HAVE MADE SURE THAT IT NEVER HIT THE SHELF.THEY DONT CARE WHEN ITS IN THERE FAVOR.AND HOW WOULD YOU SUPPOSE I WOULD LEARN ABOUT THIS QUAD.THE LAST TIME I RACED WAS WHEN THEY WERE MAKING THE LT500 WHICH I MUST ADD I STILL HAVE AND LOVE.I READ EVERYTHING AVAILBLE ON THE INTERNET EVERY MAGAZINE WHICH I THOUGHT WOULD GIVE A BETTER IDEA OF STUFF. WHICH EVERYONE SAYS THE SAME BASIC THING.IAM BRINGING THIS UP TO LET OTHERS NO HOW IF FEEL.I LOVE MY QUAD AND WILL ENJOY IT.AND THE SUZUKI MFG,IS THE ONE THAT GAVE ME THIS INFO AND SAID THE MAGAZINES BULLSS,, SO THATS COOL IF YOU LIKE TO GET LIED TO BUT I DONT AND I WILL TRY TO LET THE NEXT MAN NO BEFORE HE GETS LIED TO.THANKS FOR SOME OF YOUR COMMENT EVEN IF I DISAGREE WITH THEM.

B.Murphy73
12-07-2007, 06:15 PM
hEY SPEED THE SHOCKS SHOULD BE BETTER THEN THE 06 AND I SURE PAID FOR IT.LOL......

brink400
12-08-2007, 07:54 AM
Suzuki cant stop a mag from publishing what they want, but what they can to is try and convince them to give good reviews by paying big advertising dollars. Look at this months transworld mx mag, they rated the suzuki rmz250 second to last in the shootout, and do you see suzuki getting those issues pulled off the shelves?

Speed_MDS2
12-10-2007, 05:51 AM
Originally posted by B.Murphy73
hEY SPEED THE SHOCKS SHOULD BE BETTER THEN THE 06 AND I SURE PAID FOR IT.LOL......

Have you rode an 06/07 to compare them to? I've been keeping an eye on ebay for a set but no luck. I may just have to break down and have mine revalved in the spring.

Luecker
12-10-2007, 06:55 AM
You could have came on here and asked about the 2008 instead of believing the magazines. It's amazing how much they mess up the specifications when all that stuff is given to them by the manufactures.

These forums are full of better information than the magazines.

IMO they made a lot of good changes to the 2008. But not enough to trade up from an 07.

YELLOW RR
12-10-2007, 01:42 PM
Do you think you will be that much faster on a 2008? 75% rider 25% machine.:o

kennerz
12-12-2007, 07:36 PM
Wow Brian your over here too,

Consensus is the 08's run harder than the 06~07 DON'T BE DISAPPOINTED( on ave 3 hp harder)the mags are BS but still whatever was change made a difference.

still one of the best bikes you can buy - I like my 06' alot. Still not a quadzilla-(my) quadzilla

Speed_MDS2
12-13-2007, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by kennerz
Wow Brian your over here too,

Consensus is the 08's run harder than the 06~07 DON'T BE DISAPPOINTED( on ave 3 hp harder)the mags are BS but still whatever was change made a difference.

still one of the best bikes you can buy - I like my 06' alot. Still not a quadzilla-(my) quadzilla

Keep in mind, that 3 HP dif is in stock form. With pipe, filter and controler the gap is less.

TheNewn
12-16-2007, 04:49 AM
Jesus dude, how did the MANUFACTURER lie to you? the MAGAZINE did, and i bet you a dollar it was Dirt Wheels that said it was 100 changes.

I have the 2008 Buyers guide Dirtwheels mag in front of me right now, and i have it open to the page with the LTR450. It says quote "With nearly a hundred changes for 2008, the LT-R450 is a much better machine than last year."

They said it was nearly 100 changes, not 100. You said Suzuki told you it was not quite 100, and it IS a better machine than last year. What are you complaining about?

What the hell makes you think Suzuki has any say at all what Dirt Wheels or any other magazine says about their quads?

I also have Motocross Action in front of me right now. And they are testing the RM-Z250. They said the spring rates blow, the motor has no top end, the gearing needs to be changed, and the clutch is the weakest out of the big 5. Suzuki sure didn't make it not hit stands...

Bottom line, it was YOUR fault you feel you wasted your money. You should have done more research on exactly what changes were made, not rely on some sentence and a picture in a magazine.

You've been pwned...