PDA

View Full Version : Are The Magazines Straight Liers

B.Murphy73
12-06-2007, 06:41 PM
I purchased an 07 ltr 450 a few months ago.The day after i purchased it 3 of the main atv publication did right ups about how they had made 100 changes to upgrade this atv.With that said i brought my 07 back and got the 08.Waited a few months and had to pay for the exchange.Any way i called up suzuki to day because i was wondering about were all these changes went to and noticed that the mags had shown that atv with skidplates and some other stuff that i was not seeing on my quad.Suzuki says there are not 100 changes and that you cant beleive the magazines they are like the tabloids.And they have no control.Well if they had said a negative comment about this quad i am sure suzuki would have shut that right down.I have had suzuki quads since the 86 lt250 quad racer i still have a quadzilla and now will never buy another.Dont beleive the bull that these people throw at us it about money in the end.Mostly the kids that can hardely afford these quads and get jerked around.

pro-rider46
12-06-2007, 08:04 PM
yeah. the magazines do lie alot. and people say that dirtwheels has something going on wtih yamaha. cause they always win the shoot outs. but thats just what people say

Ralph
12-06-2007, 08:11 PM
You also gotta realize that alot of the times dealers dont know alot about what they are talking about. Its understandable. When its possible that you are selling lots of different models and also all types of motorcycles, snowmobiles. you cant expect the guy picking up the phone to know every last detail about every vehicle. Check suzukis website if ur not sure.

Also, are you sure they werent reviewing an 08' LTR 450 Project ATV???

As far as the 2008 LT-R450, here is new stuff Straight from Suzuki,

~New ECU programming and updated cam profiles for increased engine output especially at low-to-mid rpm range

~New countershaft for improved gear shift feel

~Rubber mounted handlebars and textured seat for increased rider comfort and control

~Front and rear suspension have new Kashima coating for reduced friction and smooth performance

~Updated front and rear suspension settings with larger rear tires and updated swingarm rigidity balance for improved handling and better shock absorbtion

Check out the ATVRiders.com Model Information (http://www.atvriders.com/models/index.html) section for more information.

deathman53
12-06-2007, 08:17 PM
I don't beleive magazines either. There might be 100 changes between the 07 and 08 ltr450, different bolts, maybe some motor stuff, different valving for the shocks, different tires(something like 1/2" taller). If any of these changes really are any improvement, thats questionable. IE: lets go back in time, to alot of people, 85 and 86 atc350x look exactly the same, except for plastics. But in realilty there was something like 80 changes between the years, you would need a microscope to find ~70 of the changes, same goes with the 85 and 86 atc250r. The manufactures didn't change any, I can name many examples of how atv's have a different part number for brake calipers, rear hubs, handle bar clamps and such, but in realitly, the only difference is something really small or the paint color(usually).

the magazines must be owned by the manufactures(or it seams), as they hype up stuff and tend to favor brands over others and every magazine favors different stuff. Every magazine has different results for shoot-outs, doesn't matter, dirtbikes, atv's, Rhino types and aftermarket parts. They give good reviews to where the money is.

Ghost-Rider
12-06-2007, 08:25 PM
Those mags are just like the mass media, they're all slanted in some direction.

Ralph
12-06-2007, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Ghost-Rider
Those mags are just like the mass media, they're all slanted in some direction.

ATVRiders.com Takes pride in being NON-Bias. We report it like it is. We say it like it is.

B.Murphy73
12-06-2007, 10:00 PM
Thank for everyones comments.I do feal bad for the younger kids or people that cant afford these things .When i started raceing i had an 86lt250suz, i busted my butt to get that thing and trained as hard as in could to be good at what i was doing like i am sure many others do .That quad was like 3000$ these kids are being lied to or mislead and think that they have to have this this and this to be succesfull and we all no thats not the truth.Get someone the has there body in great conditioning and that replaces all the bull in the end.Its about the money as usual and in a way its understndable but money can be made being honest also.

pro-rider46
12-06-2007, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Ralph
ATVRiders.com Takes pride in being NON-Bias. We report it like it is. We say it like it is.

yeah, this site is great!!!