PDA

View Full Version : cut fenders and trails

rigger
12-06-2007, 05:20 PM
I was thinking of cutting the fenders on my 04 400ex. I really like the way it looks. I ride trails and was wondering how you guys liked them on the trails with cut fenders. Do you get to much mud, water and rocks thrown up on you or is it not to bad?

I would hate to hit a big pile of dog crap with cut fenders. :D

mat1977
12-06-2007, 06:14 PM
I cut mine and do alot of trail riding.IMO theres a big difference when I'm on tight trails chasing my buddies on bikes.It's nice seeing those front wheels a little better.You do get alot more crap on you but its worth it.

440challenger
12-07-2007, 07:05 AM
Much more junk. Especially on hard turns the front tires kick up crap onto you. i could care less but i do end up roosting my own self LOL. Worth it for the look/ better visibality

miller821
12-07-2007, 07:20 AM
I can't really note a noticable different with my race fenders on their, I say I leave just about as muddy as the others there with full fenders... Other then the occasional lean into a turn and expose my goggles!:mad: :macho

Pipeless416
12-07-2007, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by ride hard man
I can't really note a noticable different with my race fenders on their, I say I leave just about as muddy as the others there with full fenders... Other then the occasional lean into a turn and expose my goggles!:mad: :macho

yea the only time i roost myself is when im turning and the tires are actually pointing toward me. however when going straight, i actually think i get less dirty/muddy/wet. it seemed like the fenders directed all the water right at my feet before. now it seems to just go on either side of me and it hits my rear fenders.

klutch
12-07-2007, 01:49 PM
i have my fenders cut on my 300ex and it doesnt bother me much while in the trails i barely get hit with crap or anything just a little tiny bit more than full fenders... its well worth cutting in my opinion

Crazy lil punk
12-07-2007, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by ride hard man

x2