PDA

View Full Version : Did something stupid today.

cheetah
11-09-2002, 07:22 PM
I was unloading my bike today from the truck. We use loading ramps and usually I put into nuetral then push it down the ramps and let it coast to a stop. Well this guy parked his motorcycle next to us and I was afraid of hitting it so I decided I better get on it and stop it so it won't hit him. So I reached down to put it into neutral and I accidently missed it and kicked it into 2nd thinking I was in nuetral. I thought it was taking a lot more effort to roll backwards, but I hadn't rode in a while and I thought it was just me. So I get it over the edge of the ramp and it rolls down about 3 inches and flips backwards on me. I managed to kick it off to the side and I came away with only a bruised knee. I also bent my handlebars(here I come renthals). I should've turned the key on to check the nuetral light, but I just wasn't thinking. Oh well, a lesson learned. I just want to say be careful when you are loading and unloading. It seems like the least expected place you could have an accident and it seems to be the last thing on our minds. I am very lucky cause it threw me off and stupidly I had not got my helmet out of the truck yet. I always figured if I was gonna wreck I would do it on the trails and not getting unloaded. Be careful guys.

Black400
11-09-2002, 07:24 PM
Why dont you just pull in the clutch every time to make sure:huh

CHAUNCY
11-09-2002, 07:30 PM
well...... We learn from our mistakes

cheetah
11-09-2002, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by Metalquadrider
Why dont you just pull in the clutch every time to make sure:huh

Well I should have, but again I wasn't really thinking because I thought I had it in neutral, but I will next time.

TC17
11-09-2002, 07:36 PM
i dropped a loading ramp on my shin today. skinned the skin off of my skin:huh. i have a really nice story for you guys tom. i'm getting the pics from wal-mart tom. i almost kicked the gurls face in when she said they were done doing the one hour process for the night. lets just say i jumped about 6 feet high and missed killing myself by inches. i have pics of other jumps. i did a no-footer and stuff. should be sweet. can't wait till tom to tell you guys me story!;)

Rip_Tear
11-09-2002, 07:39 PM
ouch that sux! I never think I have it in neutral so.. I always check...

Twiztid
11-09-2002, 07:42 PM
that sux, well we all learn lessons

TC17
11-09-2002, 07:44 PM
that reminds me. randy didn't get the picture when i almost wrecked from the jump. i almost cried. it was the biggest jump ever and he missed it. lol. i was just looking down watching the ground fly by.

11-09-2002, 07:49 PM
:eek: ...woops !

PinkFlame26
11-10-2002, 09:53 AM
that bites....:(

Braff1
11-10-2002, 10:08 AM
In the next town over a gentleman bought a Polaris 700 at an estate auction. When he got home to unload his new quad the ramps broke, flipping the quad back on top of him crushing his skull ( no helmet). His dad found him the next day.

See you might have just got off with just a warning.

trx400ex
11-10-2002, 10:58 AM
just do like i do and dont use ramps, get a bud and lift it in the back of your truck.....

PhilMoore
11-10-2002, 08:48 PM
The other day, I went to start my Banshee. I put a aftermarket clutch lever on it, so the clutch safety switch is gone. I gave it a kick, and it started right up(which is TRUELY amazing). It was in first gear so it immediately started driving. I almost flipped off the back, but somehow managed to stomp on the brake pedal and kill it right before it ran into my bargain basement engine stand, which at the time is holding a Toyota engine. I am pretty glad it didn't tip it over. Of course it took a lot of cursing, kicking, and another set of sparkplugs to get the 'shee started again. Next time, I will take the quad out, or at least point it out the door!