PDA

View Full Version : fox shox linkage

qmurder24
12-05-2007, 09:37 PM
07 trx450 roll mx arms and stock swingarm. i want to run fox shox and want to know what the best linkage setup is w/fox
thanks!

XtremeChick
12-05-2007, 10:53 PM
I saw this one on another website and it uses a FOX shock. It look almost like a motorcyle type linkage.

Teixeira TRX 450R Linkage Sneak Peak!!!
We have been hard at work on a new linkage for the TRX 450R. This is the same linkage that Ed and Todd recently won the Vegas to Reno race on. This was our final endurance test of this new linkage. Teixeira Tech Racing set out to develop a linkage that is on par with the linkage and swing-arm combinations of many of our competitors. The difference was that we did not want to make you have to buy a costly swing-arm to go along with the linkage. We are now ready to announce that we have been successful in developing a linkage with the leverage ratios needed for a competitive rear end on the Honda TRX 450R without having to buy a swing-arm to go along with it. There are no spikes in the progression curve to cause the bucking feel that you get on most Hondas. Here are some technical specs on our new linkage:
Will accept an 18” shock
Exceptional ground clearance
Bolts into the stock 2006 swing-arm and newer
Lowest average leverage ratio of all bolt in linkages (2.05:1)
Up to 12” of travel if needed for desert racing without sacrificing leverage quality
Introductory Price is $495.00.
Available November of 2007.

400exrider707
12-06-2007, 07:12 AM
$500 ? Dang... just makes it like a yamaha setup. Even the Elka dual linkage is cheaper than that, and Elka is usually very expensive.

GIXXER1KR
12-06-2007, 07:24 AM
***kking highway robbery.Shuv it.Gee lets save you the cost of a swinger and rape you $500.Sorry had to vent.Unbelievable.I bough a Motowoz rear shock and it cured the bucking for $1000 your crazy!!!:devil:

X-tech
12-06-2007, 08:22 AM
Thanks Xtremechick for the post. I will keep it in mind if you order anything for Teixeira Tech.

I don't want to get into an argument over this, but I want to make you aware of production costs. This linkage uses 3 to 4 times as much material as some of the ones you mentioned above. It also take more than 3 times as long to machine as some of the others that you mentioned also. Look into the linkages that are similar to this one and you will see that they are charging about $600.00. I believe that Elka sells one for the Banshee and there are a couple of other companies that sell others that are this style, but you have to buy the swing-arm as well.

Feel free to ask any questions that you might have or contact us with you questions.

dober250R
12-06-2007, 04:53 PM
If you're talking about machine time, you CNC program it once, then you save the program. So you only have to program it once. Then you just home it for each new blank you put in your machine.........Looks great though!!! Congrats on all the hard work that went into R&D and everything that goes into suspension. I know I wouldn't want to sit down and figure out all those ratios and stuff.....

rollie
12-06-2007, 05:43 PM
looks awesome, but i have elka dual linkage on a stock-swing arm, i havent ridden it but it bolted up with no problems...is it going to be a problem?

dober250R
12-06-2007, 05:56 PM
Nope, I have the same set up and it's awesome!!!

MX450
12-06-2007, 06:48 PM
Ive heard nothing but good things about the LSR DC-6 Link, only 250 too.

TRX450RACER174
12-06-2007, 06:51 PM
I just got my Podium Shock today and will be running it with a GTT link, will post pics later.

X-tech
12-06-2007, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by dober250R
If you're talking about machine time, you CNC program it once, then you save the program. So you only have to program it once. Then you just home it for each new blank you put in your machine.........Looks great though!!! Congrats on all the hard work that went into R&D and everything that goes into suspension. I know I wouldn't want to sit down and figure out all those ratios and stuff.....

Yes, you are right. You only program the machine once which is your program time. BUT I never said anything about program time. Everytime you machine the part you are using your machine time. This is the time it takes to machine each part. This is what I was talking about. Thanks for the complement on the linkage!

rollie
12-07-2007, 12:46 PM
yeah i really do like the design of your linkage, looks like you get awesome ground clearnce unlike alot of others

X-tech
12-07-2007, 12:51 PM
Thank you! Gound clearance was one of our main concerns when designing this linkage along with performance.

xsr_racing28c
12-07-2007, 01:18 PM
I talked to Ed the other day and he mentioned this linkage to me. I am going to try it out in spring when I ditch the LSR outlaw rear on my practice bike and and go with something different. Not only do I want to run Ed's linkage because the ground clearance and ratios are supposed to be spot on, but he was also very pleasant to talk with and I can assure you that customer service is a top priority as well, which we all have come to respect!!

Thanks for going out of your way to try to save everyone a dime or two! Its innovative products like your linkage here that keep this industry so competitive and booming!

Later, Jay @ FourWerx Motorsports