PDA

View Full Version : Jetting!!

Fordtrax
12-05-2007, 09:25 PM
Alright guys !!
Just recieved my FMF Gold Series pipe and silencer and it came without the springs for the headpipe too!
What im wondering is since my bike is stock what jets need to be changed in my carb to make it perform and where in the hell am i gonna find the springs??

Now i havent taken anything apart yet but if its stock my manual shows a 158 main jet with 1and3/4 turns out.

Help !!!!lol

312R1
12-05-2007, 09:31 PM
You can get new springs from your local honda dealer.

As for jetting...you most likely will only have to go up one jet size on the main.

Fordtrax
12-05-2007, 10:22 PM
The Honda dealer will have springs for a aftermarket exhaust?

my88r
12-05-2007, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by Fordtrax

yes, the lengths are the same as far as i know. does the 88 have stock jetting specs.

Fordtrax
12-05-2007, 10:41 PM
we/ll because I bought this pipe off fleabay!!! I just nheed info!!!

wilkin250r
12-05-2007, 10:45 PM

All exhaust springs are pretty much the same, they're standard. Whether they are aftermarket or stock, ATV or dirtbike, Suzuki or Honda. All the same.

my88r
12-05-2007, 10:50 PM
we/ll because I bought this pipe off fleabay!!! I just nheed info!!!

good luck with putting those springs on. putting the springs on the inside tabs is a pain.lol

as for jetting if it is to be stock. you might beable to get away with it. but keep a eye on your plug.

Fordtrax
12-05-2007, 10:54 PM
sorry had a few beers!! But yes bike is stock !!(atleast i think?)

Anyone?

my88r
12-05-2007, 10:57 PM
sorry had a few beers!! But yes bike is stock !!(atleast i think?)

Anyone?

well take the carb apart and check it out. and let us know. just dont have a few beers before you do it.lol:p

Fordtrax
12-05-2007, 11:18 PM
lol yes i know !!! my88rlol

Fordtrax
12-05-2007, 11:30 PM
Well sally said this and john said that and that and uh well anyway ???lol Im trashed !!!lol

Lol But i seriously need an answer on my pipe and jetting too!!!

my88r
12-05-2007, 11:36 PM
Well sally said this and john said that and that and uh well anyway ???lol Im trashed !!!lol

Lol But i seriously need an answer on my pipe and jetting too!!!

the honda dealer will have springs, atleast i hope. you will need 4 of them. jetting like i said if its stock 88 specs. i would see what that jetting is like. my fatty didnt seem to change much with jetting. but do plug chops to make sure that its fine. sorry to get off topic:(

bushwesl
12-05-2007, 11:42 PM
That kind of explains how excited you are about the jetting. I mean, you use "!!!" after every single sentence. But if I remember your posts on other topics, you use them there too. You must be a pretty happy guy.

Fordtrax
12-06-2007, 08:07 AM
Yes i know!!!lol
I will say that when im drinkin im pretty happy!!!
But the exclamation marks are just a bad habit i suppose?lol
Ive put pipes on bikes in the past and remembered without jetting they run like crap.
Im thinking i moved the main jet up 2 sizes but just not sure ?
Thanx for the replies guys!!!!!lol