PDA

View Full Version : LCD Tv opinions

07250ex
12-05-2007, 07:18 PM
Hey guys im in need to buy a 720p lcd tv no less then 19 inches hopefully 23-26 and i really like samsungs but there kinda exspensive what do you guys think about vizios insiginia and westinghouse

77rigid
12-05-2007, 08:17 PM
I just bought an RCA 26in for my bedroom and think it is a good tv for the price.I have a Samsung 1080 46in in the livingroom and love it.If you can afford the Samsung do it,if not I heard the Vizio is a good choice.If you can,go to Best Buy and just look at all the different ones they have and see which one has the best picture in your price range.Just my .02

07250ex
12-05-2007, 08:21 PM
yeh was in best buy last night they didnt have any vizios like we have hi def tv's in my house the reason i need a smaller one in my room is because im getting ps3 for x mas and i cant use it on the other tv's one mom always uses another dad always uses and the other one is in there room and is a hassle to hook ps3 up to cuz the tvs like 8 feet off the ground and i dont want my brand new 500 dollar ps3 to look like im playing my nintendo 64 on my tv

WhiteYFZ
12-05-2007, 09:13 PM
I would strongly suggest Sony or Samsung. We have two samsung 23" lcd flat panel tv's and there SOOO nice.. check out. lsidistributors on ebay. (DO a search my seller) . he sells all nice tv's.. He says that they are refurbished or return items, but we have gotten alot of stuff from him and its brand new. I think he just has to put that in the discription because he is selling at such low prices..

lmk how u make out with your choice.

01 400EXer
12-06-2007, 08:04 AM
I purchased a 26 inch Westinghouse as well as a 26 inch Vizio to compare the picture and quality. I chose these 2 because they were in my price range. I placed them in each corner of the office amd hands down the Vizio won and I purchased it at Wal Mart for $448. I would highly reccomend this TV. I have regular cable but through my cable line I am picking up about a dozen HD channels, network TV as well ad Discovery HD and 2 movie channels and 2 or 3 other channels. I am also picking up about 50 audio channels. This TV in HD is great. I highly reccomend the Vizio.

killroy
12-06-2007, 09:58 AM
i have a 26" Insignia from best buy that was pretty cheap. It is HD and I do like it a lot. I have heard some horror stories about them online though about them crapping out after a year and turning to garbage but Ive had mine 1.5 years now and it is still running fine. I'd reccommend one if your strapped on cash

mineralgrey01gt
12-06-2007, 10:22 AM
i have a 32" Westinghouse I bought for $550 from best buy and I love it. Its a super clear pic and not one problem with it

12-06-2007, 10:44 AM
the wife and i have a 20" magnavox...in our bedroom...it is a nice set...but i am not sure i would get another...

i will say that the ps3 look great on our big 36" "low def" tv in the family room, def. better than the nintendo 64 looked, but you can tell it wants to be on a better tv...720 should do the trick for ya

i can't get my wife to commit to a larger 1080p lcd for that room...she says it would be nice, but is not needed and she don't like the stand options, she prefers the huge entertainment center that we have taking up a lot of room...i'll get her to come around

mittman
12-06-2007, 10:45 AM
we just got a phillips 42in for 850 at best buy and it and we got a 4yr warrenty for 200bucks more. Thats the cheepest place i've seen tvs and we havent had a problem with it yet

Pipeless416
12-06-2007, 11:36 AM
my girlfriend has a 19" westinghouse tv in her dorm and i have to say, it is the worst LCD i have ever seen. horrible sound..theres practically no volume, and the picture is fuzzy and dark, even when adjusted. my friend has a 26" polaroid and he has actually had very good luck with it. great picture for the money.

Titanium
12-06-2007, 05:28 PM
Vizio is the best bang for the buck. It's the second sharpest and best looking LCD you can get. If i remember right the Samsung won for being the sharpest but you have a pay a pretty penny for those. I also have a 32" magnavox LCD that i will have had for 3. I got it for christmas 3 years ago and i havnt had any problems with it. I just have an image of an X on the top right corner because i have my computer hooked up to it and i use my computer more often than watch tv.