PDA

View Full Version : Newb with ?'s

04hemiboy
12-05-2007, 03:40 PM
Hello Everyone.

I just purchased a brand new 07 300EX for my 13yo for XMAS. I want to deck it all out cosmetic wise before I give it to him on Xmas, but run into little problems with the year. Alot of sites have stuff that goes to 06. Is all the aftermarket that fits 06 fit 07? What about graphic kits? What's the rage with the young fellas? He's not going to race, just trail ride. Is Nerfbars needed? What brand? Any links or any other suggestions would be apprieciated,I'm an old man with a Renegade 800X and trying to stay young minded.lol

markvette
12-05-2007, 04:08 PM
if you are just going to trail ride i would check out rockymountain.com. and yes i would get nerfs for trail riding. rocky mountain has tusk brand nerfs for less than $100. i have then on my sons 300 and they look good. you could also get a aluminum bumper and grab bar from them to dress it up. does it have the new style plastic like the 450's or the old style. that would depend on what graphics to get. also a vinyl sign company can make you some custom graphics that fit. there are lots of parts you can buy to dress it up. i will see if i can find a pic of my sons race 300ex to post for you.

Mark

markvette
12-05-2007, 04:11 PM
here is a pic of my sons, has the nerfs, ac bumper, ac grab bar. verde flame graphics, verde flame seat cover also verde flame shock covers.

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n246/quaddad1958/100_2093.jpg

04hemiboy
12-05-2007, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by markvette
if you are just going to trail ride i would check out rockymountain.com. and yes i would get nerfs for trail riding. rocky mountain has tusk brand nerfs for less than $100. i have then on my sons 300 and they look good. you could also get a aluminum bumper and grab bar from them to dress it up. does it have the new style plastic like the 450's or the old style. that would depend on what graphics to get. also a vinyl sign company can make you some custom graphics that fit. there are lots of parts you can buy to dress it up. i will see if i can find a pic of my sons race 300ex to post for you.

Mark

It's the new 450 looking style. Thx for the help.

klutch
12-06-2007, 08:17 AM
i know an exhaust has nothing to do with cosmetics... but im only 15 and i love the aftermarket exhaust gives a great sound

bwamos
12-06-2007, 02:00 PM
Cosmetically everything but the plastics and seat cover should fit up between the 07 and all other years.

Nerfs, bumper, grab bar, shockwears, tether kill switch, etc.. should all interchange.

Graphics.. you could go universal.. but when I would do graphics kits on my fullbore plastics I always used "helmet graphics" and trimmed and fit them. They can look supprisingly good. And it has a custom look that's not too overdone.