PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else get the CLAW????

cincy250R
12-04-2007, 08:07 PM
i was just wondering if anyone else gets the Claw as i call it where when your riding it hurts too let go of the handle bars and when you do let go it hurts too straighten up your fingers....

anyone have any good advice on how too get rid of it besides flexx bars or an anti-vide stem

-Dave

deathman53
12-04-2007, 08:24 PM
the only way I can think of stopping it would be a steering stabilzer and to ride alot, maybe a softer set of grips too.

Scro
12-05-2007, 06:44 AM
Try to relax your hands more while you are riding. Mine used to do that, until I realized that I had a death grip on bars.

mx1791
12-05-2007, 10:25 AM
flexx bars wont do anything for "the claw" haha. i used to get it too. take scro's advice, and dont have a death grip on the bars. also riding alot more helps, i pretty much only get this claw pain at the begining of the season when i havnt rode all winter.

bwamos
12-05-2007, 11:38 AM
Readjusting the ergonomics of the controls can help alot also. How did you set the position of the levers and throttle? A lot of people set it while sitting down/elbows in.. yet while riding aggressively they are in a crouching position w/ elbows out.

Setup the controls for the postion you are in when exerting the most effort.

If you dont have it yet a good steering damper helps a LOT. No need for the deathgrip in the choppy stuff. ;)

"To be old and wise, you must first be young and stupid."

I always thought that should say: ""To be old and wise, you must first be young and stupid, and somehow, against all odds, defying the laws of the universe, manage to survive your teenage years."

Scro
12-05-2007, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by bwamos

I always thought that should say: ""To be old and wise, you must first be young and stupid, and somehow, against all odds, defying the laws of the universe, manage to survive your teenage years."

:D That's pretty good

cincy250R
12-05-2007, 03:26 PM
that's the weird part i have a stabilizer and it seemed too make it worse but maybe i just need too not death grip the bars

-Dave

woodsracer144
12-12-2007, 12:05 PM
ride alot and if you race ride on rougher stuff then you race... like at your house... i dont reall focus on turning shifting throttle, i just do it like when your heart beats... its just a auto thing for me... when i ride i just focus on whats the next corner, jump, rut, log, person in front....