PDA

View Full Version : jeep wrangler on 20s

mullins1500
12-04-2007, 03:59 PM
hey guys i own a 2006 jeep wrangler x its got 31s on it now i am thingking about puttin a six inch lift on it and i want 20s i ve been looking on the net to try and find some pics but i cant seem to find any if u could try and find some i would apprecate it thanks alot guys

bwamos
12-06-2007, 02:12 PM
20" tires or 20" rims?

Honestly I couldn't see why you'd go either one.

20" rims are simply too large. If you ever hit any offroad you'll destroy the rims. 16's are the most common rim size for Jeeps. I run 15's on 31x10.5 tires. Perfect size IMHO.

bradley300
12-06-2007, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by bwamos
20" tires or 20" rims?

Honestly I couldn't see why you'd go either one.

20" rims are simply too large. If you ever hit any offroad you'll destroy the rims. 16's are the most common rim size for Jeeps. I run 15's on 31x10.5 tires. Perfect size IMHO.

agreed. not that even half the wranglers that look cool ever actually make it off road, you dont want to look like a complete poser by putting on a set of 20 inch wheels that obviosly dont belong

416exfreak
12-06-2007, 03:22 PM
aw, come on "bros"...he just wants to look "fly" when he rides through "da hood":devil:

underpowered
12-06-2007, 05:29 PM
do NOT donk the jeep. 20's are to big for a jeep. IMO it will look way out of place. if you lift it, throw on some nice 16"s and some 35"s

KXRida
12-07-2007, 01:25 PM
yah 20's would just look down right dumb. My buddy decided to put 20's and 35'' nitto's on his lifted ram. Yeah that was a very costly endeavour.

54warrior
12-07-2007, 01:32 PM
The reason you can't find a picture of a Wranger with 20's is because no one is that stupid to do that!!! Its a Jeep dang it, not some gosh darn ghetto cruising, bass bangin, bling bling machine.

My theory is that the size of the rim should not be larger than 1/2 the diameter of the tire, example:

33" tire/2 = 16.5" so a 16" or smaller rim...
31" tire/2 = 15.5" so a 15" or smaller rim...
35"tire/2 = 17.5" so a 17" or smaller rim

bcg717
12-07-2007, 01:39 PM
DO NOT put 20's on a wrangler. Might as well put them on your 4 wheeler, its basically the same thing. If your going to put a six inch lift on you have to get a slip yoke eliminator kit and new driveshaft. Most likely your jeep is stock with a dana 35 in the rear and dana 30 up front. 20's and 35'' tires will be to much for your rear axle if you ever want to go offroad.

KXRida
12-07-2007, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by bcg717
DO NOT put 20's on a wrangler. Might as well put them on your 4 wheeler, its basically the same thing. If your going to put a six inch lift on you have to get a slip yoke eliminator kit and new driveshaft. Most likely your jeep is stock with a dana 35 in the rear and dana 30 up front. 20's and 35'' tires will be to much for your rear axle if you ever want to go offroad.

haha I can't really say that a lot in that dept. I'm running a D28 up front and 7.5 outback. I do some light wheeling, but I go through shafts like crazy. I have a some axles that I am thinking about putting in. Not sure yet. Up front will be a D44 cause I have about 8 of them and I don't really feel like paying for something bigger. The rear will most likely be a sterling 10.50. I was swapping around the idea of running one of the 9''s I have though.

Point of this, get better axles if you're going to run 35's.

Kickstarts-suck
12-07-2007, 04:56 PM
20s :huh :huh

GET TWEEENTY FOOOOOESS

bradley300
12-07-2007, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by underpowered
do NOT donk the jeep. 20's are to big for a jeep. IMO it will look way out of place. if you lift it, throw on some nice 16"s and some 35"s

i'm not bashing jeeps at all. well, at least not the old ones. since the 94 it seems like they have just turn into another sissyfied city vehicle that forgot its purpose.

i hate seeing so many of them with a bunch of stuff on them so they look nice, when the owner thinks "offroad" is swinging the driveway wide on accident and getting half a tire in mom's flower bed

underpowered
12-07-2007, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by bradley300
i'm not bashing jeeps at all. well, at least not the old ones. since the 94 it seems like they have just turn into another sissyfied city vehicle that forgot its purpose.

i hate seeing so many of them with a bunch of stuff on them so they look nice, when the owner thinks "offroad" is swinging the driveway wide on accident and getting half a tire in mom's flower bed

i was not saying you were jeep bashing. Donk=cars that are lifted so they can fit big wheels that do not belong.

thats pretty much it. most jeeps are pure mall crawlers now. they just have lifts and big tires for looks, and if they get muddy the owner gets mad and washes it immediately. same way with trucks though, so many trucks now never see dirt, or get used as a truck. people whine over scratches. it a TRUCK, yeah my truck is nice and i don't want it to look bad, but i will not whine over a scratch or even a small ding.