PDA

View Full Version : What pipes do you have? And what would you recomend for me?

11-02-2001, 12:51 AM
What pipes do you have? And what would you recomend for me?
I ride trails, some MX, hills, some mud I have a stock 400EX for now.
Also since I ride in water ( can't help it) would it be a bad I dea for me to run a outerware lid thing? (dunno what it is called sorry)

nigsrig
11-02-2001, 07:51 AM
i have a yoshimura slip on,i love its performance and sound,had a white bros. e series and it doesn't even compare to the yoshimura,and if you go through alot of water and its deep,i wouldn't recommend a outerwears,i have one but my 400ex hardly ever sees water...leave your airbox lid on

:devil

MOFO
11-02-2001, 08:21 AM
My favorite pipe is in my sig down below. ;)

Eric

11-02-2001, 09:18 AM
how much do you want to spend, best pie and header is the duncan racing double barrel, but it cost almost 600, if just a slip on go with big gun, and the cool thing that later you can get an fmf powerbomb header bcuz it fits on any slip on, the bad thing abt all the other pipes including the big gun is that you have to get the complete system at the same time, you wouldnt be able to buy the sllip on first and then the header, fmf saved me and i can outrun any raptor bcuz of the chamber. also for the outerwear, do this, you should jet your bike, when you ride in dry condition, run a k&n filter with an outerwear plus another outerwear for the airbox with a modified lid to hold the outerwear in place, for wet, just run a lid. get a rev limiter too. i run filter open and it runs great, im getting the duncan system , expensive but its worth it

11-02-2001, 05:17 PM
The Curtis Sparks is the best and out performs the Duncan by a large margin. The price is not much better though 505-560 shipped. If you want to know more about Curtis Sparks exhausts contact me. Also a DMC is just as good as a Duncan and will cost a little less. For a pipe shootout that shows proof that the Sparks system is better then the Duncan and a lot more check out sparks at www.sparksracing.com.

Leo
11-03-2001, 07:27 AM
$500-$600 for an exhaust, for an otherwise stock bike?....

c'mon :huh

Grab yourself a Yoshi or pro-circuit T4 slip-on ~$200, if they are to loud for your taste, both have a 'quiet core' available to tone down the bark a bit.

Leo

hetrick425ex
11-14-2001, 06:26 AM
i have a hetrick pipe on mine and my uncle is currently making a 400ex pipe
the first one we made runs awsome we put it one one of our bikes with a 416 on it
o my lord that pipe really opens it up
and i beieve the pipe is around 300 for chrome
you can contact him at 814-676-0477 or hetrickracing@mail.usachoice.net
thanks alot

Holty
11-14-2001, 07:16 AM
white brothers e-series slip on. made a HUGE difference and sounds mean as hell! around $230

barbwire44
11-14-2001, 09:05 AM
Ok definately FMF POWERCORE IV-2, If you want the best pipe shootout i have seen done here is the link to all the pipes ive seen mentioned on here also note the FMF was tested with the stock headpipe and not the powerbomb header, If the header would have been installed you should be able to add another 1.5 horse to the overall output. here's the link.
www.atvnews.com/output.cfm?id=30961

11-14-2001, 09:22 AM
I sure like my powerbong and pc4.....:D,,,only other pipe I'd use would be a bills thunder pipe.

knighttime
11-14-2001, 09:34 AM
FMF powerbong smokes the competition.:D

Rico, do u really have a pc4?

11-14-2001, 09:53 AM
actually it's a Powercore IV/2 not a procircuit T4 if that's what you might have thought. I did have a powercore IV one of the 1st ones FMF released,,,great pipe but LOUD,,,very very loud.

11-14-2001, 10:32 AM
im interested in finding out more about the Bills pipe. i know their 2 stroke pipes are good but what about the new thunder 4 stroke? i remember someone on this site had one of the first models of the thunder and said that it had great power but i havent heard from him in almost a year. does anyone else run the Bills pipe? if you do, please hook us up with some info on where most of the power seems to be and other stuff about it.

11-14-2001, 10:55 AM
Yeah please do that if anyone has a bills pipe,,,I'd have to say it would probably be a good pipe,,his 2 stroke pipes are good,,,I'm thinking about getting a slip on bills thunder in the spring for the race season,,,,,if my back is working properly..speak up people I"m still wondering about this pipe..

Tommy 17
11-14-2001, 04:24 PM
i was lookin at the bills thunder also... if i get a full system here in january or so its gonna be that or a lrd chrome i like the billz better thought. rico if i get it then and u wanna wait that long i will tell u how it runs wit a 406 kit... bc i fought wit the guy and my motor will be back next monday or hes nockin off 100$.

400exBro
11-14-2001, 05:25 PM
i would buy a wb e seris and a power bong header also for the e seris get 18 discs on there not 12
lata
400exBro

stocktires
11-14-2001, 05:38 PM
I have a powerbong IV S/A on my 300ex and its soooo awesome! its quiet for a aftermarket exhaust so you wont piss ur neighbors off, yet it still has that bada** thumper roar. It gives awesome bottom and looks like thats what you want! I think the majority here says the FMF!

Giz400ex
11-14-2001, 06:16 PM
For the looks and defintely for the power and MONEY!!!! I went with the LRD pipe. Was very pleased with the purchase.

400exRacerX
11-14-2001, 06:19 PM
I'd get a white brothers silencer, heres the link to my review on it, http://www.exriders.com/reviews/wbpipe.shtml

400MXer
11-14-2001, 06:48 PM
I have a Duncan Double Barrel. I love it. I would either buy the Curtis Sparks or the Duncan. Both loud, but both give lots of power.