PDA

View Full Version : ebc battery???

j450rking
12-03-2007, 10:41 PM
i need a better battery then my stocker so i asked pappy what a i:YTZ10s cbr600f4 battery would cost and he said $80!! so i looked at ebay and i found a ebc battery for half that. has anybody ever used one of these? and did it hold up etc.

thanks for any help

440challenger
12-04-2007, 06:41 AM
try parts unlimited. Why do you need a better battery???
Is something draining it? Does it sit fora while in the cold? A battery tender is the best 20 bucks i ever spent.

j450rking
12-04-2007, 06:49 AM
well i have a higher comp piton and it's taking more out of my battery to start it so i want to get one with more cca's (cold cranking amps) that and my terminals are going to hell.

<DRS>GPF
12-04-2007, 08:41 AM
look for AGM style batteries, which may very well be what pappy is selling you..
theyre more expensive($80 sounds about right), but have better capabilities for CCA than your typical "flooded cell" style of LA batteries..(its to do with the efficiency of the design)

theres quite a few mfr's making them, so look at the spec's and get the best for your money.

also, which less cost may come less product.. you might still need to buy the sulfuric acid after you receive the battery..