PDA

View Full Version : 400ex stroker questions

82CSMiata
12-03-2007, 09:02 PM
I have a bearing going out in the bottom end of my 400ex. I guess I want to stroke it. I see that Powroll rebuilds your crank and puts a new rod on it so that it can use most stock replacement pistons. After having a conversation with them I find that if my rod bearing is the one bad, the stroker is a no go from them, they use your parts. Therefore, what other companies build stroker cranks with short rods, so I can use my piston until I am ready for an upgrade. What other companies out there do you recomend for stroker cranks, and what would get me the best bang for the buck. I want a reliable bike, with power. Though being that I just spent $800 on the top end after the timing chain tensioner broke and bent all four valves, my wife is not very thrilled with the idea of spending too much more. But, it has to be fixed. So everyone, please give me some input. Thanks. My 400ex has full exhaust, oversized valves, p+p head, 450R carb, stage 2 hotcam, wiseco 11.1 piston stock bore, K&N filter, modified airbox lid, heavy duty timing chain and all other motor related parts are stock. Please help me make my bike reliable, fast, and cost effective

blue_ex_rider
12-03-2007, 10:11 PM
there is several people out there that have stroker cranks outthere. I know sparks has a 4mil that they use they can also do a 6mil but that takes alot of modifications in the case when you start gettng that big. I have a 7mil that I got done here in Kentucky and it set me back about $2000. But all that I do is drag race with it . TC racing can also do a stroker crank as well he has told me he has done 4 mil and 5 mil.If it were me I wouldnt go over a 4 mil for everyday rididng use but that is just me and also when you are getting much bigger than that you are talking about alot of money. But there is a guy on here PimpC that has a new powroll stroker crank with the shortened rod that he is trying to sell for $600 that is about half of what he paid for it and the parts have never been used if it were me that is what I would go with that is a grreat deal. And you could still use your pistion for now. That would make your bike a 460. But any other stroker motors that you get bulit would cost you from $1100-$2000 or so dollars. So unless you want to get into some mega bucks I would go with the powroll good power and price.
Hope the info i gave you was helpful here is a link to the crank I was talking about.
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&postid=3059345#post3059345