View Full Version : simple mods

pro-rider46
12-03-2007, 07:29 PM
what would be some simple and cheap mods to do? my friend just a 05 tld, and cant afford an exhaust yet. thanks

OutlawBill
12-03-2007, 07:34 PM
end cap and clamp-on air filter

pro-rider46
12-04-2007, 01:22 PM
well i forgot to add that it already has a air filter, what about a carb? and i thought it was the troy lee edition, but its just a red regular one. and it doesnt have a airbox. what about a cdi? cams?

OutlawBill
12-04-2007, 01:40 PM
They are not cheap a good CDI cost a round $400 head work around $1K ( if you are going to do it due correct the first time)

pro-rider46
12-04-2007, 04:21 PM
what about a carb. like a fcr. off of a 450 or something. and what all are you talking about head work. a grand is a lot of money for head work, are you talking about springs. oversized valves, cams adn port adn polish, we arent talking that far in depth, how restrictive are the stock cams?

Evasiveone
12-04-2007, 09:40 PM
A slip on HMF exhaust is far cheaper than head work or FCR carb. Plus head work and/or a new carb would be very limited by the stock exhaust.

eerhard09
12-05-2007, 05:59 AM
Originally posted by Evasiveone
A slip on HMF exhaust is far cheaper than head work or FCR carb. Plus head work and/or a new carb would be very limited by the stock exhaust.

Yeah, I agree, you need to open up the exhaust with an aftermarket one if you plan to do any of the other mods to it. The rest are usually more expensive and a waste if you are still running the stock exhaust!

Your name suggests that you are a professional racer, I would assume that you would know these things at the pro level, right?

pro-rider46
12-05-2007, 09:51 PM
no my name is just a nick name, but im just throwing out ideas that my friend brought up. and i am not familar with these machines, i have a 450r, and one of the first things that people do to them is swap out cams, the stockers are extremely restrictive, i know alot about modicfications. just he brought these couple ideas up, and i dont know much about preds. oh here is a pic of my 450r

outlaw11
12-05-2007, 10:02 PM
YEA HEAD WORK CAM PISTON IS NOT CHEAP. IM LAZY SO I JUST SENT MY WHOLE ENGINE TO CT ITS COSTING LIKE 1500 FOR HEAD WORK NEW VALVES,SPRINGS, PISTON, CAM, TOP END KIT, AFTER I GET IT BACK THEN I THINK IM GONNA HAVE THE CARB GONE THROUGH

eerhard09
12-06-2007, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by pro-rider46
no my name is just a nick name, but im just throwing out ideas that my friend brought up. and i am not familar with these machines, i have a 450r, and one of the first things that people do to them is swap out cams, the stockers are extremely restrictive, i know alot about modicfications. just he brought these couple ideas up, and i dont know much about preds. oh here is a pic of my 450r

Nice! I like the black and blue combo!

I really do not know much about the Fuji motor in the Preds and Outlaw 500's myself, the Outlaw 525 is my first experience with Polaris. I just know that internal motor mods are usually much more expensive that a slip-on exhaust, regardless of who makes the motor....

pro-rider46
12-06-2007, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by eerhard09
Nice! I like the black and blue combo!

I really do not know much about the Fuji motor in the Preds and Outlaw 500's myself, the Outlaw 525 is my first experience with Polaris. I just know that internal motor mods are usually much more expensive that a slip-on exhaust, regardless of who makes the motor....

thanks, i wasnt sure about wether or not the preds where dohc or sohc, i only paid 125 for my hotcam which was brand new, so i thought about that first on the preds.