PDA

View Full Version : question for you red bud guys

zukirules
12-03-2007, 07:16 PM
Has anyone hit loroccos leap on a quad? if not, what kinda power do you think you'd have to have to succesfully clear it? I love goin BIG, and was just thinkin how sweet it'd be to be the 1st to hit lorrocos leap on a quad. But since the pros havn't done it, at least i think they havn't, then i don't think my motor when it gets done will succesfully throw me the 150 feet or w/e it is.

Warnerade
12-03-2007, 07:23 PM
good luck with that...lmfao

with how it is setup now, you gain 75% of your speed up the face of the jump.

zukirules
12-03-2007, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by NacsRacer027
good luck with that...lmfao

with how it is setup now, you gain 75% of your speed up the face of the jump.

I havn't been to redbud yet, so i was just wondering if it's possible, or if someones done it.

Warnerade
12-03-2007, 07:29 PM
I beleive its been done before by doug gust...but it was a real long time ago, the turn before it was about 150ft back and there was a long straight away before it. Not sure on how true it is about doug hitting it...but It used to be possible on a quad.

zukirules
12-03-2007, 07:32 PM
yeah, maybe we'll see someone hit it at this years national.

Warnerade
12-03-2007, 07:37 PM
if you go to the bike national, sure...

as for a quad national, not a chance.

Ty's400
12-03-2007, 07:46 PM
There is no way, quad ways to much and not a long enough straight to pick up speed. Plus it launches you so high it would be crazy on a quad. Only a handful of bikes were doing it in the lites class at the mx national and not even all big class were. But I think you should go for it, would be sweet to see:macho

honduh440
12-03-2007, 08:12 PM
we can sure tell you have gone big and hit your noggin a few times

Nick110
12-03-2007, 08:17 PM
I heard that Gust hit it before but they moved the fence or something. This is what people told me when I went there this year for the national. If you case it good luck cause its not forgiving at all.

zukirules
12-03-2007, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Nick110
I heard that Gust hit it before but they moved the fence or something. This is what people told me when I went there this year for the national. If you case it good luck cause its not forgiving at all.

lol, the only way i'd do it, is if i saw someone on a quad do it. It's just a question. If i knew 100% i'd make it, then yeah i'd go for it, but from what everyones saying, f*** that, i'll let someone else take the fall before me

zukirules
12-03-2007, 10:30 PM
Well i brought this up to my bud, he said Gust tried it a few years ago, but didn't make it, didn't get hurt bad, just didn't make it, and that was before all the new machines, so maybe Gust or Weinen will try it this year if the fence is moved back or w/e

Warnerade
12-04-2007, 01:49 AM
they wont move the track back...its set pretty much how it is for a while.

12-04-2007, 07:13 AM
with the power of some of the pros bikes, i think its entirely possible someone could technicly make it, but you would have to be hookin up 100% comin up to it leanin back everything its got.

baldwinmx450r
12-04-2007, 08:46 AM
Gust and Byrd did it on a 250R in the early 90's I think they are the only guys on a quad who have ever made it. All i know is bring back the uphill double double in the middle!!

Titanium
12-04-2007, 08:55 AM
anybody got any pics of this jump? all this talk makes me want to know what it looks like...

Fred55
12-04-2007, 09:10 AM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KObwOEW-qUo&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KObwOEW-qUo&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hF8tH5GLGCY&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hF8tH5GLGCY&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

FHKracingZ
12-04-2007, 09:23 AM
ahha good luck with that. let me know how it was after you out of the hospital. you case that jump your in some serious trouble.

If they added more dirt at the bottom of the face it wouldnt be that hard on a quad honestly. The difference is at the bike national, bikes make runs and lines that pack the sand down to make it tacky and hard. Thats how Villipoto and tommy hahn on 250f's were hucking it from the very inside right..

Quads on the other hand do the opposite. They throw all the sand off and make holes , therefore making it hard by the end of sunday to carry alot of speed to double it in some cases.

Bottom line, if they added some dirt, got it real tacky, added a nice big berm, it would deffinatly be doable on a quad. But untill they do that, nobody will do it.

Warnerade
12-04-2007, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by z400rider08
with the power of some of the pros bikes, i think its entirely possible someone could technicly make it, but you would have to be hookin up 100% comin up to it leanin back everything its got. nope

only way a quad is trippling that jump is if they run the track in reverse and make it a downhill jump.