PDA

View Full Version : 2006 extreme and Bajamx mods?

bennyrae
12-03-2007, 06:48 PM
Hello I did it, I purchased the Baja MX, sorry guys but I found a Baja at a Pep Boys going out of business for $809.00 couldnt pass it up. I was going to buy an Extreme in the spring but for 800 I could not beat it.

Please: WHat should I address 1st?

Thanks

azextreme
12-03-2007, 09:13 PM
loctite all bolts, if you planing on jumping it you need the frame brace to mend top and bottom frame together order from extreme or just weld one and bolt it!

Jaybird
12-04-2007, 06:15 PM
For that price you could not pass it up.
Relocate the rear master cylinder about an inch higher or it will get relocated the hard way. The swingarm will hit and break it.
I would run it till it craps out and buy a Lifan 140 if your kid can operate a manual clutch and a kick start.
Brian

gmen
12-04-2007, 06:50 PM
steering collar locks,upper and lower

bennyrae
12-04-2007, 07:39 PM
WHat do the collar locks look like? It has some little collars above and below where the bushing is, could they have already installed them?

The rear brake works great with the hand lever, but not the foot brake, any suggestions?

does anyone have a picture of the bracket that connects the frame,

and finally, does extreme offer some real footpegs instead of the plastic ones.

bennyrae
12-04-2007, 07:42 PM
I have been riding it around making sure everything is ok, before i send the kids out on it.

I need to adjust the front end as I have read, it seams a little squirly, but the tires are straight up and down and not toed in at all.

I also need to adjust, or will replace the carb

Other than that pretty sweet machine, especially for the money

Jaybird
12-04-2007, 08:17 PM
http://www.mcmaster.com/itm/find.ASP?tab=find&context=psrchDtlLink&fasttrack=False&searchstring=6063K21

These are what I bought for my sons typhoon.

I also added some positive caster and some negative camber.
Do this by unscrewing the bottom rear heim joints a few turns and screw the bottom ball joints out a few turns. Then set the toe to about 1/8 to 1/4 inch in.
Brian

Jaybird
12-04-2007, 08:19 PM
Oh well looks like the link doesn't work but it is a 25mm two piece shaft collar from McMaster Carr, part #6063K21
Brian

gmen
12-04-2007, 09:57 PM
get it safe
secure the frame and brake system ,and before you spent money on mods to the engine ,let the boy get the good out of the engine.
You may want to replace the engine next year.
The engine is the least likely to break,
watch the frame and weak points.
Greg