PDA

View Full Version : c'mon guys i need help big time

BS300ex5
11-09-2002, 01:17 PM
me and my dad are about to throw this bike through the window if we can't get it to quit smokin ... we have checked everything and we jes can't get it to stop ... the rings are staggered the valve seals are new everything is right in it unless we let somthin extra slide by... if anyone can help let us know

your not supposed to put sealant on three parts of the valve cover and we did put it on one is there more than one oil return/ passage in the valve cover? this is killin us guys c'mon help us out ... thanks in advance

DGR Designs
11-09-2002, 01:38 PM
:confused: i dunno what to tell ya man. PM good ol' boy Mickey Dunlap (thats his user name) tell him the situation and he will probly be able to give ya a good answer!

250exen
11-09-2002, 02:55 PM
i know this may seem dumb, but here it is anyway. are you sure its jetted correctly?

BS300ex5
11-09-2002, 03:29 PM
it's jetted according to what majority voted on here it's got a 125 in it (i think stock is 122) i tried a 128 and it ran rich as he!!

RytM1
11-10-2002, 09:38 AM
Was the 315 kit put in after you bought it, or did you buy it with the kit already in it? Maybe the person who did the bore job bored it a little too much over. This means that even if your ring gaps are staggered right, they are not going to seal right against the cylinder wall, causing oil to blow by.